Spring And A Breakfast Strawberry Soy Shake

>> Sunday, March 27, 2011



Spring 2011; Orchid flower; pink flower; pink orchid; orchid; spicie foodie; spicy food; food photography; flower photography; wordless wednesday
Spring is in the air! For me spring is when everything starts to come back alive. It feels as though everyone is waking up from the long slumber of the cold winter. The days are getting longer, and here (in northern Europe) we are beginning to see the sun make more appearances. People seem to smile more, it's definitely the effects of sunshine and warmer weather, I'm sure. My chile plant and rose bush are beginning to bloom, soon there will be chiles to spice up my food and mini roses to brighten my home. I can now hear the little birds singing their beautiful morning melodies, welcome back birdies.

Breakfast Strawberry Banana Soy Shake; soy shake; soy milk shake; soy milk; recipe; strawberrie recipes; organic; liquado; fresas; strawberries in season; Sping
Another thing that awakens from the winter slumber is the selection of fresh fruit and vegetables. No more root vegetables and no more boring fruit selections. The biggest sign (produce wise) that spring is on its way is the sudden appearance of strawberries. Large, bright red, sweet strawberries. Oh how I long for that sight all winter long. The taste smell and sight of strawberries will help awaken you from your deep winter slumber. Every spring I eat my weight (times one hundred) in fresh strawberries. I love to start my spring days with a strawberry milkshake, it's healthy and the natural sugars will give our bodies energy that releases slower into our bodies. Sometimes the milkshakes are made just with strawberries and other times (to keep it interesting) other fruits get added to the mix. Another variation I like to play with is the milk used. You can use soy, almond or regular milk and all will give you a delicious variation. Play around with the variations and let your mood or pantry decide how to get your spring morning off to a deliciously fruity start.

Breakfast Strawberry Banana Soy Shake; soy shake; soy milk shake; soy milk; recipe; strawberrie recipes; organic; liquado; fresas; strawberries in season; Sping

Ingredients:
makes 1 serving
6 large strawberries
1 small banana
1/2 cup or 118 ml soy/almond or regular milk
honey to taste, optional

blender

1. Peel the banana and slice into 4 pieces, place inside blender. Remove the stem from the strawberries, cut in half and add to the blender. Next add the as much honey as you like. Then pour in the soy milk (or other milk choices) into blender.

2. Blend until the fruit has broken down into a smooth thick mixture. If you would like a thinner smoothie feel free to add more soy milk.

Last April I posted my recipe for Strawberry Green Tea Smoothie. That recipe contains caffeine so it will give you more energy. If you don't fancy a milkshake for breakfast then enjoy it as an afternoon snack or pick-me-up. Now grab a good book, sit back near a bright sunny window and let the sweet fruit flavors fill your mouth. I can't think of a better way to welcome the sunny days of spring, can you?
Breakfast Strawberry Banana Soy Shake; soy shake; soy milk shake; soy milk; recipe; strawberrie recipes; organic; liquado; fresas; strawberries in season; Sping
By the way I'm not changing my moodier (darker) style of photography, I've just been testing out shooting on a white backdrop for my stock agency photos. I'm also so happy to finally have sunlight coming into my flat. Can't wait to start shooting more natural light photos.

26 comments:

Sandra March 28, 2011 at 1:17 PM  

Delicious and so beautiful as always!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Nancy March 28, 2011 at 1:33 PM  

Thank you Sandra,you are such a sweetie :)

Victor March 28, 2011 at 1:40 PM  

Love your story about spring. I love soy milk, I'll sure include that with fresh fruits.

Magic of Spice March 28, 2011 at 2:13 PM  

Happy Spring! I bet this is wonderful with your almond milk...I am allergic to strawberries, but I am sure another fruit would be lovely as well :)
Gorgeous photos as always!

RavieNomNoms March 28, 2011 at 3:17 PM  

That looks really good! I love smoothies/shakes. Yours is very spring-y. Love the flavors and the color.

FamilySpice March 28, 2011 at 4:46 PM  

I feel like I wait all year long for Spring to arrive!

Nancy March 28, 2011 at 4:57 PM  

@Victor, Thank you :) It's a great combo.

@Alisha, Happy Spring my friend :) Yes will try it next batch of almond milk. Oh no! That is sad to me :( Any other fruit would be great too.

@RavieNomNoms, The seasonal beauty is always an inspiration. Thank you:)

@Laura, Me too!

Sandra March 28, 2011 at 5:13 PM  

Can't wait for strawberry season here at home. Your photos are awesome and thanks for the help with YBR badge!

Nancy March 28, 2011 at 5:28 PM  

@Sandra, Thank you and it was my pleasure :)

Michelle Chin March 28, 2011 at 5:48 PM  

A healthy punch in the morning. :)

Torviewtoronto March 28, 2011 at 7:56 PM  

i like this fruit combination looks wonderful

A little bit of everything March 28, 2011 at 9:59 PM  

great post about Spring, my favorite season.
Wonderful photos as usual.
Thanks for sharing Nancy

Anna C March 28, 2011 at 11:34 PM  

Nancy, love your ode to spring with this refreshing strawberry smoothie.

scrambledhenfruit March 29, 2011 at 12:04 AM  

I can't wait for strawberries! This shake sounds delish- gorgeous photos!

sweetlife March 29, 2011 at 12:26 AM  

oh how stunning, I spotted this pic on foodgawker, I love your morning milkshake, a green tea version, I am all about a little caffeine in the morning..I cannot wait to check this recipe out, I enjoy your moody dark photos, I love your style, I also prefer darker images..take care
sweetlife

Kankana March 29, 2011 at 12:49 AM  

i agree with you completely. Spring is beautiful and lively and my fav .. colorful :)

The Cilantropist March 29, 2011 at 2:38 AM  

This looks great, and I love strawberries and bananas together! Your photos are really beautiful, I love the white light. :)

Peggy March 29, 2011 at 8:15 AM  

I think I actually have all the ingredients for this right now! I'd love to start my morning off right with it!

Nancy March 29, 2011 at 9:31 AM  

Michelle, TorviewToronto,Roxana, Anna, Scrambledhenfruit,
Thank you ladies :)!


Sweetlife, Hope you like the green tea version. Thank you and it's really nice that you agree :)

Kankana, The Cilantropist, and Peggy, Thank you both very much :)

byn always March 29, 2011 at 1:10 PM  

We love our smoothies here as well, although we almost always add protein powder. I LOVE the green tea smoothie! I had one in a restaurant years ago that was phenomenal and couldn't figure out how to replicate it. Thanks!!

Tiffany March 29, 2011 at 6:05 PM  

Refreshing and delicious! AND ... PINK (my favorite color)! :D

redkathy March 29, 2011 at 10:25 PM  

My smoothie partner is off to college again! Darn, looks like I'll have to have doubles on this lovely recipe! I do enjoy your stunning photography :)

Nancy March 30, 2011 at 11:47 AM  

MsByn, I've never added protein powder but sounds healthier. I hope you try out the green tea one, you'll love it.

Tiffany, Thank you :)

RedKathy, Doubles aren't such a bad thing, hehe :) Thank you!

Unknown March 30, 2011 at 6:27 PM  

Happy Spring, I can hear the birds singing in the background! Beautiful and inspiring photos as well as a delicious looking recipe for a healthy start to our days, thanks Nancy;-)

penny aka jeroxie March 30, 2011 at 11:41 PM  

We still have some strawberries. better make some of this before it goes away again.

Conor @ Hold the Beef March 31, 2011 at 7:43 AM  

Beautiful presentation of a lovely spring-y drink. I won't begrudge you your spring, that's for sure... we're still stuck in summer here! Breaking records for consecutive days over 30 degrees, but at least it's not over 40 any more, phew!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. I love to hear from my readers so please leave your thoughts or questions below. Thank You!

(**PLEASE notice that comments with links are sent to the spam filter. This is not a place for you to advertise yourself.**)

Buy or Sell Food Photos!

View My PortfolioRoyalty Free Images

Support Me By Clicking on These Links:

living in Czech Republic Expat Women - Helping Women Living OverseasTopOfBlogsBuy Foodie artHonest Cooking The Food Magazine, Spicie Foodie , contributor

Followers

©2009-2011 All recipes, articles, blog post, content, and images (*Unless otherwise stated*) are the sole property of Spicie Foodie and Nancy Lopez-McHugh. They should not be used without prior written consent. You can contact me here

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP