An Epiphany of the Senses, My Cookbook (The BIG Announcement)

>> Friday, November 12, 2010

I can finally share with you what I've been working on↓
An Epiphany of the Senses; The 5 senses; Food; Foodie; special edition; Spiced; Spicie; Spicie Foodie; Cookbook; cusine; sample; preview; Blogger; Recipes. Healthy; Ethnic; Ecclectic; Authentic; Spicy; Cook; Mexican

AN EPIPHANY OF THE SENSES, An Eclectic Recipe Collection Guaranteed To Awaken Your Senses. It is with great joy and pleasure that I present to you my cookbook.
An Epiphany of the Senses; The 5 senses; Food; Foodie; special edition; Spiced; Spicie; Spicie Foodie; Cookbook; cusine; sample; preview; Blogger; Recipes. Healthy; Ethnic; Ecclectic; Authentic; Spicy; Cook; Mexican; spices; Curry; Hot
It's been many months of planning and typing, many recipe testings, many photographs, many late nights, many stressful days, many glasses of wine, several drafts, many nights of feeding my husband bad dinners because I had deadlines to meet, even many "Ouch, I think my butt is numb from sitting too long". But I'm so happy to finally show everyone the big "secret" project I have been pouring all of my energy and soul into. It is specially wonderful to be able to share it with you my most loyal and supportive readers and new foodie friends. You the ones who take the time to visit my blog and read my words.
An Epiphany of the Senses; The 5 senses; Food; Foodie; special edition; Spiced; Spicie; Spicie Foodie; Cookbook; cusine; sample; preview; Blogger; Recipes. Healthy; Ethnic; Ecclectic; Authentic; Spicy; Cook; Mexican; spices; Curry; Hot
The doorbell rang very early in the morning, we were still in bed, and as usual when the doorbell rings that early I make my husband get up to answer it (I know I'm mean, hehe). He came back to our bedroom telling me that I had to sign for the package. I'm not a morning person and I was so out of it I didn't even image that it was my cookbook being delivered. The FedEx guy handed me the electronic thingy to sign and I quickly saw what the package was, woohoo! I don't think I even signed my name, it looked more like hieroglyphics. I ran back to bed and ripped open the package. When I saw the book it was like Christmas had come early for me. I couldn't contain the joy nor wipe the smile off my face. We laid in our warm bed flipping through the book, I still smiling and thinking to myself this is the ultimate payoff from all my hard work. My sweet dear husband, who is always so supportive of me, telling me how proud of me he is and saying how great he thought the book looked, that was the cherry on top. I could never get tired of hearing him say that to me.
An Epiphany of the Senses; The 5 senses; Food; Foodie; special edition; Spiced; Spicie; Spicie Foodie; Cookbook; cusine; sample; preview; Blogger; Recipes. Healthy; Ethnic; Ecclectic; Authentic; Spicy; Cook; Mexican; Curry; Noodles; Bok Choy; Low-Fat
I dedicated the cookbook to him (my husband) because of all the love, support and encouragement he has always given me. I have also dedicated it to you, the loyal followers and readers of Spicie Foodie. You the ones who have encouraged me to keep going and learning, for always being supportive and always having nothing but warm friendship and kind comments for me, Thank you. (You know who you are)


An Epiphany of the Senses; The 5 senses; Food; Foodie; special edition; Spiced; Spicie; Spicie Foodie; Cookbook; cusine; sample; preview; Blogger; Recipes. Healthy; Ethnic; Ecclectic; Authentic; Spicy; Cook; Mexican; Touch; Feel; Smell; See; The 5 Senses in Cooking; The Five Senses in Food
I spent the past 6 months cataloging, typing and photographing my favourite recipes to include in the book. The result has been an eclectic recipe collection that is guaranteed to awaken your senses. All recipes are dishes I love both to eat and cook on a regular basis. A few of the recipes included have been published on my blog but are fundamental recipes both in my kitchen and to the book. The remaining majority are new recipes never before published.

An Epiphany of the Senses; The 5 senses; Food; Foodie; special edition; Spiced; Spicie; Spicie Foodie; Cookbook; cusine; sample; preview; Blogger; Recipes. Healthy; Ethnic; Ecclectic; Authentic; Spicy; Cook; Mexican; Touch; Feel; Smell; See; The 5 Senses in Cooking; The Five Senses in Food
This 64 page, 7.5' wide × 7.5' tall, Full color, paperback book is filled with the scent and flavors of my kitchen and my adventures into the culinary world. A must have cookbook with healthy recipes bursting with delicious flavours, aromas and exotic spices. The perfect eclectic recipe collection both for the seasoned cook and the novice foodie.

An Epiphany of the Senses; The 5 senses; Food; Foodie; special edition; Spiced; Spicie; Spicie Foodie; Cookbook; cusine; sample; preview; Blogger; Recipes. Healthy; Ethnic; Ecclectic; Authentic; Spicy; Cook; Mexican; Touch; Feel; Smell; See; The 5 Senses in Cooking; The Five Senses in Food; Green Curry Paste; Garam Masala
I hope you enjoyed a small preview of my cookbook. If you would like to let your taste buds travel to an exotic world and leave with a few new epiphanies as souvenirs, please stop by and purchase your copy here.
An Epiphany of the Senses; The 5 senses; Food; Foodie; special edition; Spiced; Spicie; Spicie Foodie; Cookbook; cusine; sample; preview; Blogger; Recipes. Healthy; Ethnic; Ecclectic; Authentic; Spicy; Cook; Mexican; Touch; Feel; Smell; See; The 5 Senses in Cooking; The Five Senses in Food; Green Curry Paste; Garam Masala


88 comments:

bunkycooks November 14, 2010 at 11:36 AM  

Congrats on your cookbook! That is very exciting news indeed and it does look beautiful. :)

Lea Ann November 14, 2010 at 11:37 AM  

You've got a great blog and now a beautiful cookbook. The cover is absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations, I can't imagine how thrilled you must be.

Carolyn November 14, 2010 at 12:03 PM  

Oh Nancy, that is so exciting!!! The book looks gorgeous and I may have to put it on my Xmas list. And I take it that is you in the top photo...YOU are gorgeous too!!!

Sandra November 14, 2010 at 12:10 PM  

Congrats Nancy! I love everything about the book. Photos, cover, and I can imagine that the recipes are amazing!

Nancy November 14, 2010 at 12:20 PM  

@BunkyCooks, Lea Ann & Sandra, Thank you :)

@Carolyn, Thank you I hope Santa brings it for you :) Yes that is me, you are so sweet ( I'm blushing) .

Frank November 14, 2010 at 12:21 PM  

Congratulations! It looks absolutely gorgeous. Where can we buy it?

Nancy November 14, 2010 at 12:25 PM  

Hi Frank, Thank you! The links are above for the Amazon listing, or use this link :
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004BF9U1U?ie=UTF8&tag=spicief-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004BF9U1U

Liv Wan November 14, 2010 at 12:27 PM  

Hi Nancy,
I'm so so so proud of you and congrats for the cookbook. It looks fabulous and I finally see the "real you" (Oh my god, You're a sweet and beautiful lady. ) I will certainly purchase one when I get pay. lol

Nancy November 14, 2010 at 12:29 PM  

Hi Liv,
Thank you, you are such a sweetie :)

Chris November 14, 2010 at 12:33 PM  

Gorgeous looking book, recipes and photos. I'm Liv's husband but we'll definitely be buying one of your books in the very near future.

Nancy November 14, 2010 at 12:36 PM  

Hi Chris,
Thank you so much :) I hope you and Liv enjoy my little book.

She's Cookin' November 14, 2010 at 12:48 PM  

Wow, how exciting! Congrats on your stunning cookbook - I love the title you selected. it's also wonderful to see how beautiful you are :)

Nancy November 14, 2010 at 12:51 PM  

Hi Priscilla,
Thank you so much, glad to hear you like the title. :)

Magic of Spice November 14, 2010 at 12:58 PM  

Nancy,I don't even know where to begin...or how to tell you how excited and proud I am for and of you. I am sure you know, so I will just say that the book is absolutely gorgeous. This will definitely be added to the very long list (three total)of cookbooks I have ever purchased :)
Huge hugs, Alisha

Nancy November 14, 2010 at 1:04 PM  

Alisha,
I can't thank you enough for all of your support and friendship. It really means alot to me. (I'm tearing up) I am so honored that you would include my cookbook on your very long list :) hehe. Hugs to you too.

Brie: Le Grand Fromage November 14, 2010 at 1:05 PM  

wow, congratulations on your cookbook! both you and the book look beautiful! hope it sells out! :)

Nancy November 14, 2010 at 1:09 PM  

Hi Brie,
Thank you so much! ( I hope so too, hehe )

Evelyne@CheapEthnicEatz November 14, 2010 at 1:37 PM  

You have fulfilled most of our foodie blogger's dreams. Congrats

Nancy November 14, 2010 at 1:42 PM  

Hi Evelyne, Thank you :)

claudia lamascolo November 14, 2010 at 1:44 PM  

Wow Nancy this is an incredible dream come true, wishing you the biggest success on your new endeavor and many many good things to come! Congratulations way to go!

Nancy November 14, 2010 at 1:52 PM  

Hi Claudia, Thank you so much :)

whatsfordinneracrossstatelines November 14, 2010 at 1:59 PM  

So excited for you Nancy! I just ordered myself an early x-mas present! Can't wait to make some of your recipes! You must be walking on air right now! Your are way to beautiful to not have your face all over this blog.
-Gina-

Tiffany November 14, 2010 at 2:05 PM  

Congratulations! I am sure your cookbook will be a huge success, it looks fantastic! I can't wait to get it!

Sommer November 14, 2010 at 2:14 PM  

Sooooooooooooooo I am going to order that book on the 30th! I am soooo proud, and I agree you are GAWJUS! Can not wait to dig into this! I love your recipes so much. You've inspired me in so many ways! Will pass this on!

Momo November 14, 2010 at 2:43 PM  

wow,congratulations,such a goooood news from you ,nancy,i'm so happy to see your cookbook!looks gorgeous!

Nancy November 14, 2010 at 3:12 PM  

@Gina, You are such a sweetheart THANK you so much ! :)

@Tiffany, Thank you:)

@Sommer, Thank you Sommer! You're so sweet :)

@Alison, Thank you :)

Claudia November 14, 2010 at 3:46 PM  

This looks beautiful! Kudos to you and all you accomplished - I'm sure there was a ton of hard work - but oh how worth it. I shall be checking it out on Amazon. Congrats. Savor.

Nancy November 14, 2010 at 3:48 PM  

Hi Claudia,
Thank you :) Yes it was alot of hard work and absolutely worth every second of it all.

Gayle Martin November 14, 2010 at 4:17 PM  

Way to go, Nancy. It looks just beautiful.

Dimah November 14, 2010 at 4:22 PM  

Congrats on your cookbook! it looks fantastic!

Anonymous,  November 14, 2010 at 4:40 PM  

WOW!!! Congrats!!! Its great to see all your hard work printed, I'm sure! Great job!!! Did you self-publish? Looking forward to hearing the details! Looks gorgeous as all your stuff does!

Nancy November 14, 2010 at 4:47 PM  

@Gayle, Dimah and muybuenocookbook, Thank you guys :)

zerrin November 14, 2010 at 5:10 PM  

Congratulations! How exciting! It sounds like a very hard work. It's such a great job that you must be proud of yourself.

Belinda @zomppa November 14, 2010 at 6:20 PM  

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! This is SOOOOOO gorgeous and beautiful and so super happy for you and for us to have you documented. =)

Biren @ Roti n Rice November 14, 2010 at 6:58 PM  

Nancy, the cookbook looks gorgeous! Congratulations!

Nancy November 14, 2010 at 7:01 PM  

Belinda,
Thank you so much for your enthusiasm :)

Biren,
Thank you :)

briarrose November 14, 2010 at 7:44 PM  

Beautiful book. Looks like you did an amazing job on it. :)

Zana November 14, 2010 at 10:19 PM  

Congrats!! Your book looks beautiful. You have every right to feel very proud of yourself. Well done.

Kimberly Peterson November 14, 2010 at 10:53 PM  

Hi Nancy! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind comments. CONGRATULATIONS on your cook book!!! This must be a VERY exciting time for you. I am fairly new to your blog so I must take some time now to check out your dishes.

Once again, CONGRATS!!

January November 15, 2010 at 12:01 AM  

congratulations on your book! it looks beautiful and you did an amazing job on it :) will definitely grab my copy but i'm sure hoping i can get your signature on it one day :)

chow and chatter November 15, 2010 at 12:27 AM  

wow congrats it looks amazing so proud of you

Unknown November 15, 2010 at 12:51 AM  

I love your cookbook, it is so beautiful! Congratulations, I'm ordering it now!

Flaming Pot November 15, 2010 at 2:06 AM  

Big Congrats to you!:)) This is really great news...:)

Miriam November 15, 2010 at 6:49 AM  

Nancy, I can't tell how good it looks! Well done and congrats!

Conor @ Hold the Beef November 15, 2010 at 8:22 AM  

Nancy, you sneaky thing! This is fabulous, it looks absolutely stunning! A huge congratulations to you, what a feat and I wish you all the very best in the success of this :)

Emily Malloy November 15, 2010 at 8:58 AM  

I'm not sure which is more beautiful: YOU or the cookbook!

Congratulations. What a gift!

Chef Dennis Littley November 15, 2010 at 9:42 AM  

Congratulations Nancy!!! I am so proud to say that I know you!! What an incredible accomplishment, I hope you have time to enjoy the fruit of your efforts now that all the hard work is behind! Wow....I am so happy for you!!
Best wishes always
Dennis

Joy November 15, 2010 at 10:40 AM  

Nancy a huge congrats on your first cookbook, the pictures look beautiful and I can't wait to pick up my copy. YOU ROCK!!!!

The Cilantropist November 15, 2010 at 11:00 AM  

This book looks amazing, a HUGE congrats to you bc I know it is an incredible amount of work and a labor of love! I wish you all the success you deserve! :)

Torviewtoronto November 15, 2010 at 12:43 PM  

congratulations
happy to hear the news well done the books looks beautiful

Anonymous,  November 15, 2010 at 2:05 PM  

Ai por favor, Nancy! Que hermosa eres! Felicitaciones :) I know what's going on my wish list for Reyes!

kathy gori November 15, 2010 at 2:17 PM  

What a gorgeous book! Congratulations on doing this. You are truly living the dream!

Rich November 15, 2010 at 3:02 PM  

Wow! Congratulations! That's a spectacular achievement and an even more spectacular-looking book!

Anonymous,  November 15, 2010 at 5:22 PM  

Big announcement indeed!!! Congratulations! This looks beautiful, Nancy. Can't wait to get my copy.

Nancy November 15, 2010 at 5:34 PM  

Dear,
Briarrose, Zana, Kimberly,January,Chow&Chatter,Patty, Flaming Pot, Miriam, Conor, Emily, Chef Dennis, Joy, The Cilantropist, Torviewtoronto, Rocio,Kathy and Rich , Thank you all for all for all of the congratulations and well wishes!

tigerfish November 15, 2010 at 5:43 PM  

Congrats! I can totally feel those stressful days! but it's now over. Yay!

Simply Life November 15, 2010 at 6:02 PM  

Wow! Congratulations!!! The cookbook looks wonderful!

Nancy November 15, 2010 at 6:19 PM  

Tigerfish, Thank you :)

Simply Life, Thank you:)

Lora November 15, 2010 at 7:30 PM  

This looks like an absolutely gorgeous cookbook. Congratulations! A labor of love no doubt.

Nancy November 15, 2010 at 7:39 PM  

Hi Lora, Thank you so much :)

Tasty Trix November 16, 2010 at 9:22 AM  

Kudos to you for undertaking such an enormous and consuming project! It looks like you have created something to be incredibly proud of.

Nancy November 16, 2010 at 10:03 AM  

Hi Trix, Thank you very much :)

Patty November 16, 2010 at 3:30 PM  

¡Felizidades! Que bonita! Muchas suerte Nancy. :)

Trish November 16, 2010 at 7:32 PM  

Congrats, Nancy!!! Your hard work has paid off. The cover and inside photos are gorgeous and the recipes are presumably delicious. Something to be very proud of!

Nancy November 16, 2010 at 8:42 PM  

@Lady Fromage, Thank you:)

@Patty, Muchas Gracias :)

@Trish, Thank you so much:)

Green Girl @ A little bit of everything November 16, 2010 at 8:55 PM  

Congratulation
The book sounds great and the photos are perfect
Your 6 months hard work is finally being acknowledged

penny aka jeroxie November 16, 2010 at 11:10 PM  

Congras babe! Well done. Can I please have your autograph please.

Gourmet Getaway November 17, 2010 at 1:18 AM  

Congratulations!!! What an awesome achievement! I am off to Amazon to purchase your book. Could you do a blog post telling the story about how this came to be. I am sure there are many bloggers who would love to go down this path also.

Ivy November 17, 2010 at 3:58 AM  

Thanks for passing from my blog and it's great meeting you. I can relate with everything you have written because I've been there and know all the hard work involved to get the book ready. I can't wait to get mine in my hands!! Congratulations, the book cover is beautiful, so are the pictures inside and I am sure the recipes as well. It's a great gift for Christmas so I am off to make it a gift to myself. Wish you all the best.

Unknown November 17, 2010 at 4:29 AM  

Hi,

Congrats on your book!!:)

Dr.Sameena@

http://www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

Unknown November 17, 2010 at 5:08 AM  

Oh Nancy, just from this sneak peek at your site, I can tell this cookbook is super gorgeous! I believe you when you said you've put a lot of heart into this book because the pictures just tell it all. Congratulations, I'm so proud to know you and needless to say, I've already placed an order for it!

Treat and Trick November 17, 2010 at 6:12 AM  

Congrats dear on launching your amazing cookbook!

Stella November 17, 2010 at 5:24 PM  

That's so awesome, Nancy. I can tell the cookbook is really beautiful just from your photos. And I will send this link to everyone I know with a hint hint for towards it as a Christmas gift idea;)
Oh, and you're too cute!
XO, Stella

Nancy November 17, 2010 at 9:15 PM  

Green Girl,Penny, Gourmet Gateway,Ivy, Dr. Sameena, Foodiva, Treat and Trick and Stella,
Thank you all so much for your kind words :)

Julie M. November 17, 2010 at 9:56 PM  

Wow! This is my first time here and I can't believe I didn't find you sooner. Congratulations on your cookbook! It's elegant, beautiful and tasty all wrapped up into one! I can't wait to look into it more! Will it be available at the brick and mortar book stores as well?

Cristina, from Buenos Aires to Paris November 18, 2010 at 2:46 AM  

Where was I????? I'm SO sorry Nancy !!!! With so many things on my mind, I am behind reading blogs !!!!
Wooowwww!!!!!! CONGRATS !!!!! Your book is amazing!!! The photos are great (but we grew accustomed to that with you!) and the recipes seem to be "buenisimas". From the bottom of my heart, I wish the best of luck with this book !! I feel proud of you !!! and I hope the book will be a best seller in all the bookstores!!
With all my admiration for you!!! Un beso, Cristina

Reeni November 18, 2010 at 6:23 PM  

Congratulations! It's obvious that the book is gorgeous! And one that I need to own! I'm adding it to my Xmas list. This is my first time visiting - found you through Facebook - and I'm a fan already! It was instant love.

Heather S-G November 18, 2010 at 8:56 PM  

EEEEK!! That's soooo exciting, Nancy! I am beyond happy for you, it looks gorgeous and knowing you, it surely is! I'm off to check it out :D Felicidades!!!!!!!

Anonymous,  November 19, 2010 at 1:42 PM  

Congratulations on your cookbook, it looks gorgeous! Very exciting!

Nancy November 19, 2010 at 6:07 PM  

@Julie, it's available on Amazon right now & the link is on the top of the page.

@Cristina, Thank you so much Cristina and un besito tambien amiga:)

@Reeni, Thank you and I hope Santa brings you your gift:)

@Heather, Hehe I love it Eeeek! :) Gracias

@Natasha, Thank you so much :)

krissy @ thefoodaddicts.com November 19, 2010 at 7:58 PM  

congratulations on your awesome cookbook! it looks amazing. you are so cute!!

Katie Zeller November 20, 2010 at 3:31 PM  

How absolutely fantastic! Congratulations!!!!

Nancy November 20, 2010 at 5:52 PM  

@Krissy, Thank you so much:)

@Katiez, Thank you so much:)

FamilySpice November 30, 2010 at 8:54 AM  

Looks gorgeous! Congratulations! Looking forward to trying the recipes out for myself.

Anonymous,  December 5, 2010 at 1:01 AM  

my darling beautiful sister, you have done an amazing job!!! I am so proud to be your chickle!! I anxiously await a copy of your book and maybe a calander ;-D

Nancy December 5, 2010 at 12:06 PM  

@ FamilySpice, Thank you :)

@ My Beautiful Little Sister,
Thank you darling and it means more than I can tell you. You will always be my chickle and I'll always be proud of it :) Hehe I'll put it on the list :) Love you bunches!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. I love to hear from my readers so please leave your thoughts or questions below. Thank You!

(**PLEASE notice that comments with links are sent to the spam filter. This is not a place for you to advertise yourself.**)

Buy or Sell Food Photos!

View My PortfolioRoyalty Free Images

Support Me By Clicking on These Links:

living in Czech Republic Expat Women - Helping Women Living OverseasTopOfBlogsBuy Foodie artHonest Cooking The Food Magazine, Spicie Foodie , contributor

Followers

©2009-2011 All recipes, articles, blog post, content, and images (*Unless otherwise stated*) are the sole property of Spicie Foodie and Nancy Lopez-McHugh. They should not be used without prior written consent. You can contact me here

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP