A Killer Salad That Won't Kill You and My RedBubble

>> Thursday, November 11, 2010

Avocado; Pomegranate; Salad; healthy; low fat; vegetable; vegan; fresh; fruit; organic; brown; white; wood; utensils; wood; fork; wood knife; lettuce
Hola amigitos! Today I have another salad recipe to share with you, a really killer scrumptious salad that is very healthy and so full of flavor. But before I get to the recipe I want to fill you guys in on all that is happening in Spicie Foodie land. The way things have come together it has just worked out that November is going to be a month of many announcements. Finally this weekend I will be sharing with you the "big secret" project I have been working on for the past 6 months.( I'm very excited!) The blog will have some small adjustments, mainly with the pages and the main page of spiciefoodie.com will also be better incorporated into the blog, but nothing big that will affect you my wonderful readers and friends. I will also be doing some tutorials on several different subjects, so look for those. Of course the YBR will also be held like last month and that is also very exciting because I have received so much wonderful feedback from all of you. The tutorial on the banners is also on it's way, I haven't forgotten ( smiling). Well there are just a bunch of things happening and it's just kinda funny how they have all culminated in this month. Ok, before I move on to the recipe I want to tell you guys about RedBubble.


Get creative on redbubble.com
RedBubble is a really great community of artist, photographers, poets and well just very talented people. For a while now I have been receiving many inquires from you, my beloved loyal readers, requesting to purchase a print or even calendars of my work. For months I have searched and tried to think of the best way to handle your requests. My location being somewhat of an obstacle, how to best handle the transactions as well as printing and shipping issues. RedBubble handles all of the orders, printing, and shipping, really the best way to go. They are a great company with good feedback and they offer the best rates to the shopper. So I would like to invite you all to stop by and see my portfolio on RedBubble. As of right now the portfolio is small but as I process more photos I will add then and so the choice will be a growing one. I have prints in several sizes and formats, greeting cards and even postcards available. Right now I am also working on putting the calender together and that should be done in a week or so. The calendars are really great because they give you the choice to start on any month you would like, (great for us procrastinators who buy their new year calendars several months into the new year. ) I really hope you stop by and take a peek at my (growing) portfolio as well as checking out some of the very talented artist on the site. And to show you all my appreciation I have a special code for a 15% discount just for you. Here it is: SpicieFoodie_is_on_sale_3701 . If you feel inclined to pass on my link and discount code to your friends and family, please by all means do so. ( Was my self promotion that obvious? ) If you too are looking for a way to sell your images I highly suggest you check out RebBubble.

Spicie Foodie; RedBubble; art; Foodie Art; Post cards; Greeting Cards; Prints; buy; sell

And now for the killer salad, Avocado and Pomegranate salad. This salad is so simple that you can prepare in under 10 minutes, and I think it tasted heavenly! Besides being heavenly it's a vegan friendly salad and it is super healthy, now you can't beat that. The salad just came together as I was cooking dinner and waiting for the main dish to cook. I was really craving a salad with avocado slices. Of course I started to snack on the avocado slices as I was preparing it for the salad. As I was munching on the avocado I cracked open a Pomegranate at the same time. (I was starving and any food that crossed my path was going in my belly.) I pushed a few Pomegranate seeds into an avocado slice and shoved it in my mouth. The avocado melted in my mouth, then the crunch and pop of the sweet and tart pomegranate filled my taste buds. This was another happy wiggle moment, in case you were wondering, hehe. While I know I'm not the first to have tried this combination of flavors, I was ecstatic to have experienced this heavenly combination of flavors and textures. I didn't want to distract or mess with the combo by adding a dressing so simple I kept it. The recipe is not much of a recipe, really just adjust it to your taste. Here it is, and if you have a great pomegranate salad recipe please let me know.
Avocado; Pomegranate; Salad; healthy; low fat; vegetable; vegan; fresh; fruit; organic; brown; white; wood; utensils; wood; fork; wood knife; lettuce
Ingredients:
oak leaf lettuce
Lollo Bionda lettuce
1 large Avocado, sliced
1 Pomegranate, seeded
extra virgin olive oil
salt
ground black pepper
*optional, finely diced yellow bell pepper

1. The amounts are up to you, add as much or as little as you wish. The olive oil should only lightly coat the lettuce and not overpower the taste of the Avocado and Pomegranate. Toss the lettuce and olive oil until lettuce is lightly coated, then add the salt and pepper again toss to evenly distribute. You can toss the Avocado and pomegranate into the lettuce or arrange both on the plate right before serving. That's it now dig in!
Avocado; Pomegranate; Salad; healthy; low fat; vegetable; vegan; fresh; fruit; organic; brown; white; wood; utensils; wood; fork; wood knife; lettuce

Enjoy the salad and I will talk to you all in a couple of days :)

37 comments:

whatsfordinneracrossstatelines November 11, 2010 at 12:43 PM  

How fun, I can't wait, I really need some tutorials! I knew you were an artist the first time I saw one of your photos! Cool now we can buy them. I hope I'm able to take photos like you one day! I'll have to check out RedBubble thanks for sharing them!
-Gina-

Nancy November 11, 2010 at 1:02 PM  

Hi Gina,
I'm glad you are looking forward to the tutorials. Thank you for saying that, you are making me blush :)

Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine November 11, 2010 at 1:46 PM  

Such a pretty salad, and your wrong this is killing me! not to eat this right now!!!

Heather S-G November 11, 2010 at 2:18 PM  

Sounds like you have been busy, chica! Such exciting news :) And the salad looks perfect...I'm totally loving anything pomegranate right now!

Rita November 11, 2010 at 2:33 PM  

What an original salad; I love the combination of infredients that I love; must be very tasty.

Stella November 11, 2010 at 3:45 PM  

Yum, Nancy! This salad looks so delicious. I personally feel that there aren't many things better than a really fresh, delicious salad. So underrated (smile). Ooh, and I planted a lettuce bed, since I'm tired of buying expensive organic lettuce;)
Oh, and Red Bubble sounds cool. I will take a look at it, though I don't think I'll need it. My photos aren't even comparable to yours...
p.s. I'm totally looking forward to that tutorial:)

Sommer November 11, 2010 at 5:34 PM  

YUM must try this salad!!!!

You rule! I am sad missed out on YBR last month, will submit something this month. Excited to see the new changes and tutorials.

Nancy November 11, 2010 at 7:19 PM  

@Claudia, Hehe I guess you have to make it soon then:)

@Heather, Yes, I'm tired :( but very happy.

@Rita, Thanks and it was.

@Stella,Yes absolutely so underrated. Good for you, I bet you have fantastic salads. Lucky :) And your photos are beautiful, you really have an eye for it.

@Sommer, Hope you do and I do hope you join us this month.

Magic of Spice November 11, 2010 at 11:19 PM  

You have so many exiting things going on...
love it! And the salad is fantastic,
very refreshing and light :)

FamilySpice November 12, 2010 at 1:12 AM  

Good luck with all your new adventures and endeavors!

My family LOVES pomegranates (it's a Persian-love thing!). They are fabulous in so many dishes. Got 44 pomegranates from POM to experiment with, too! Will let you know how it all turns out next week!

Dimah November 12, 2010 at 1:27 AM  

So beautiful and appetizing! What lovely colors and flavors!

Unknown November 12, 2010 at 2:25 AM  

The burst of colors on this salad is amazing! I knew just from looking at it how delicious the whole combination is. Good luck with your Red Bubble venture too, your work always gives me good reason to pause and enjoy the beautiful images!

Cristina, from Buenos Aires to Paris November 12, 2010 at 2:59 AM  

I'm just in awe, Nancy !!! Your photo work seen all together is amazing !!! Nothing but congratulations !!!!!! Makes me glad to see you growing like that! ah yes !!! The salad is great too !!!
Un beso,
Cristina

Cherine November 12, 2010 at 3:23 AM  

Such a wonderful salad!! And of course wonderful work!

Carolyn November 12, 2010 at 6:56 AM  

The salad is lovely, I might have to make some of it very soon. I get in such a rut with salads. Your photos are truly beautiful and I am glad you came up with a good way to publish them!

Anonymous,  November 12, 2010 at 9:16 AM  

This is the most beautiful salad ever!! Love the colors! Pomegranite and avocado -- great combination!!

Stephanie November 12, 2010 at 9:21 AM  

Looks like a lot of fun, new things are headed your way! Good luck to you! :-)

Nancy November 12, 2010 at 10:08 AM  

@Alisha, Thank you and your constant support means so much:)

@FamilyofSpice, I'll be looking for your recipes.

@Dimah&Foodiva, Thank you:)

@Cristina, Muchisimas Gracias! Your recipes and photos leave me in awe so your compliment is much appreciated.

@Cherine,Caroly,HungryArtist & Stephanie, Thank you so much:)

Unknown November 12, 2010 at 10:29 AM  

I love your beautiful simple salad. I have an avocado and pomegranate on my counter this very moment,hmmmm, just ready to make your salad, lovely idea:) Congratulations on making your photos available, you really do have a distinctive style that is very warm and appealing:)

She's Cookin' November 12, 2010 at 11:25 AM  

Here we thought YBR was the big news! Congrats on your RedBubble gallery - your photos are stunning and have a Renaissance still life quality to them. That salad is a killer in a good way - I could feel and taste the creamy avocado and pomegranate seed popping in my mouth when you described it :) Now I'm hungry...

January November 12, 2010 at 6:40 PM  

lovely colors in a salad! they're pretty and i'm sure the salad tastes just as lovely :)

Anna's Table November 12, 2010 at 9:58 PM  

The rich garnet colour of the pomegranate really makes the photo of the salad pop!

Amy November 12, 2010 at 10:01 PM  

This salad is beautiful! I love pomegranates in fall and winter salads!

Anonymous,  November 13, 2010 at 3:23 AM  

Hey Nancy, thanks for the Redbubble tip. I've been looking for a venue to start selling prints (and things like coasters, aprons, etc) and had settled on Cafe Press but it's not perfect. Will check yours out now.

As for the pomegranates in the salad - that was my favourite thing I had in Kuwait recently! A salad is such a wonderful venue for those glorious sweet little ruby pearls! I actually picked up a pomegranate yesterday for just that reason... ;-)

Elin Chia November 13, 2010 at 6:22 AM  

Hi Nancy...congrats !!! great salad with pomegranates ...I love it :)
Cheers,
Elin

Conor @ Hold the Beef November 13, 2010 at 8:16 AM  

Hooray, hard not to get excited with you for these new developments Nancy!

nancy@skinnykitchen.com November 13, 2010 at 9:39 AM  

This salad looks so colorful and very healthy too!

Nancy November 13, 2010 at 4:54 PM  

@Patty, I hope you do make the salad. Thank you Patty:)

@Priscilla, Wow Thank you, that is such a wonderful compliments:) No the news is still coming, hehe.

@January,Ana&Amy, Thank you girls:)

@Ruby,Glad you liked the salad. I know Cafe Press, but I prefer RedBubble. RedBubble is no the same it's more of an artist community and place for people to sell or have their work printed. But you'll see when you visit their site:)

@Elin, Thank you :)

@Conor, Aw thank you so much for always being so supportive:)

@Nancy, Thank you:)

Lea Ann November 13, 2010 at 5:43 PM  

Sounds like you've been busy. I'm loving this salad. Can't wait to try it.

Rivki Locker November 13, 2010 at 9:06 PM  

I just discovered your blog through a Foodbuzz feature. What a beautiful place! I can't wait to read your recipes. This one looks wonderful. Pomegranates are one of my very favorite fruits. My kids love them too, even my one-year-old! Thanks for a great recipe. This is on the menu for tomorrow night!

Jillyann November 14, 2010 at 10:02 AM  

Sounds like you are busy like me Nancy. Sorry I have been a little lax lately in checking blog posts and commenting (or even posting to my own blog). The last month has just been a flurry of different projects, contests, catering, charity events etc. Since you did the pomegranate salad, I was wondering if you are in the POM PARTY competition from POM WONDERFUL as well?? Im having the dinner party tonight so I'll be posting that in a day or two. The calendar pictures are beautiful. You do such amazing photos!

Nancy November 14, 2010 at 7:51 PM  

@Lea Ann, Yes and I hope you like it.

@Torviewtoronto, Thanks.

@Rivki, Welcome and Thank you! I so glad to hear you like the recipes. I hope your family enjoyed the salad.

@JillyAn, Yes I have, but I'm finally done and have announced the cookbook now. Don't worry about not visiting, I understand you too have been very busy. No I don't know about that competition. But it's probably not open to international bloggers?

Chocolate Freckles November 16, 2010 at 7:54 AM  

The salad looks awesome!!!! I love pomegranate salads!! I have a recipe of pomegranate vinaigrette that I always do for Christmas!!

Natalie November 16, 2010 at 6:28 PM  

This salad is so perfect for now & I love your photos, so glad to have found you!

Catherine November 18, 2010 at 1:35 AM  

What a wonderful salad! This is so beautiful and I'm sure it is positively delicious!

Nancy November 19, 2010 at 11:58 AM  

@Chocolate Freckles, Oh the vinaigrette sounds delicious. I'll stop by to see if you have shared it.

@Natalie, Thank you and I'm glad to have you stop by.

@Catherine, Thanks yes it was very good:)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. I love to hear from my readers so please leave your thoughts or questions below. Thank You!

(**PLEASE notice that comments with links are sent to the spam filter. This is not a place for you to advertise yourself.**)

Buy or Sell Food Photos!

View My PortfolioRoyalty Free Images

Support Me By Clicking on These Links:

living in Czech Republic Expat Women - Helping Women Living OverseasTopOfBlogsBuy Foodie artHonest Cooking The Food Magazine, Spicie Foodie , contributor

Followers

©2009-2011 All recipes, articles, blog post, content, and images (*Unless otherwise stated*) are the sole property of Spicie Foodie and Nancy Lopez-McHugh. They should not be used without prior written consent. You can contact me here

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP