Banana Mango Yogurt Popsicles (and Mother Nature is a Tease)

>> Thursday, July 29, 2010

Banana Mango Yogurt Popsicles


Before I share my recipe with you I would like to get my whining out of the way. So the title of this post has me calling Mother Nature a tease, that's right that's what I meant. She keeps teasing all of us in this part of the world with really beautiful, sunshine filled, hot Summer days and then takes them away! The weather here has been crazy to say the least. It has gone something like this since June, one week of really hot record setting sunny days to the next week nothing but rain, then another week of above average heat waves that make you feel like you are going to pass out from the heat. Well finally the Pièce de résistance came these past two weeks when the temperatures dropped from the high 20sC and mid 30sC ( that's 80s and 90s in Fahrenheit ) to -it was actually 15C (59F) dark and grey which felt more like a cool Autumn day than a Summer day. As I sit here typing this today it's been mostly cloudy and 20C. So if I may I'd like to send Mother Nature a message, "This Sucks, and I want a stable warm Summer that we all deserve after a hard and very cold Winter" I hope she gets the message soon. And thank you all for listening/reading my rant.

Banana Yogurt Popsicles


You may be wondering why then I made these on a cold day, below you will see why. Anyways if you are having nice and hot weather you are going to love my easy, fast, low calorie, kid friendly, inexpensive, cold treat. I'd like to think of these yogurt Popsicles as a cousin of the Lassi, you can see the influence. One quick note on the yogurt, you may want to adjust less or more according to the thickness of the yogurt you are using.

Ingredients :
( made 7 Popsicles)

1 large Mango
1 large Banana
1 cup of plain white yogurt ( I used a thick and creamy type)
Honey to taste
pinch of salt
pinch of ground cardamom

Blender
Popsicle molds
( and hot weather)

1. Pour the yogurt and honey into the blender container then sprinkle in the spices. Peel and roughly slice both the Mango and banana. Add the fruit to the yogurt place the lid on the blender. Blend until all of the fruit has broken up and you have a thick puree. * if you would like fruit bits in the yogurt Popsicles you can add small pieces to the puree after.* Pour the yogurt fruit mixture into the Popsicle molds and continue as you normally would with the mold you have.

Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight . Enjoy and cool off!

Yogurt Popsicles


The reason why I'm sharing this recipe with you now instead of a hot summer day here is this...↓
This is my stack of hand written recipes that I have written down every time I cook something. You can see I have quite a back log and I try to catch up as I go.

I leave you with a sunnier warmer photo of Prague . This is under the famous Charles Bridge in the Lesser Quarter a very famous view and probably one of the most photographed places in Prague.

Charles Bridge Prague


And my photo of my Tulips to look at to brighten up my mood while I wait for the sunshine.
White Tulips in Vase

15 comments:

Roxan July 29, 2010 at 10:51 AM  

Oh these look SO good! And I LOVE the ingredients you used! Where do you live? The weather in LA has been stinky too.

Unknown July 29, 2010 at 10:53 AM  

Beautiful popsicles! Sorry about your crazy weather. We are averaging 5-10 degrees F below our normal average so we feel like we're having a cold summer this year. I would like to make these pops, I need to buy the molds but they would be nice to have:-)

Torviewtoronto July 29, 2010 at 2:10 PM  

Looks very healthy and delicious

Tanantha @ I Just Love My Apron July 29, 2010 at 5:24 PM  

Beautiful photos Nancy! I hear ya about the weather :D beautiful and healthy popsicles!

Magic of Spice July 29, 2010 at 6:55 PM  

Beautiful photos, and great pops:) The weather is nuts here in California too, especially at the beach :( But I should not complain since I will be miserable when hit heats up...lol

Jason Phelps July 29, 2010 at 7:19 PM  

A wonderful summer treat!!

Jason

Conor @ Hold the Beef July 30, 2010 at 7:09 AM  

Mother Nature has been teasing us with beautiful sunny days surrounded by wet miserable ones as well, but I shouldn't complain seeing as it's winter here. I hope she makes up her mind (in a sunshiney kind of way) for you soon.

I love how these are pretty much just yoghurt and fruit. No cream or ice cream required. Excellent.

Olive July 30, 2010 at 8:34 PM  

Mother Nature is doing the same to our weather too, I guess she's out of sync and needs a really nice R&R lol :)

btw, your popsicles look really creamy and delicious and healty too.. my kids will love these! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

A Little Yumminess July 31, 2010 at 12:44 AM  

I am going to make these - just bought a popsicle maker!

Magda August 1, 2010 at 2:11 PM  

Looks yummy, yesterday I had incredible cravings at night for ice cream but neither I had ice cream in my freezer nor ingredients to make one. I ended up drinking hot chocolate :P Better than nothing.

Nancy August 2, 2010 at 10:13 AM  

Thank you all for your sweet comments. I think Mother Nature got my message :O We had a beautiful and warm weekend that's continued into today, makes me happy!

Anonymous,  May 14, 2011 at 9:36 PM  

They all look yummy but I want a recipe for plain milk ice blocks and cannot find one. Any suggestions?

Nancy May 15, 2011 at 9:01 AM  

@Anonymous, Thanks! Sorry but no I don't have any suggestions.

MamaMay June 14, 2011 at 7:47 PM  

I featured you!

http://allawesomelinks.blogspot.com/2011/06/8-popsicle-recipes.html

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. I love to hear from my readers so please leave your thoughts or questions below. Thank You!

(**PLEASE notice that comments with links are sent to the spam filter. This is not a place for you to advertise yourself.**)

Buy or Sell Food Photos!

View My PortfolioRoyalty Free Images

Support Me By Clicking on These Links:

living in Czech Republic Expat Women - Helping Women Living OverseasTopOfBlogsBuy Foodie artHonest Cooking The Food Magazine, Spicie Foodie , contributor

Followers

©2009-2011 All recipes, articles, blog post, content, and images (*Unless otherwise stated*) are the sole property of Spicie Foodie and Nancy Lopez-McHugh. They should not be used without prior written consent. You can contact me here

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP