Thai Green Curry Paste, home made

>> Wednesday, February 17, 2010

green curry paste
A couple of weeks ago I received a message from Cassie at Chow Bella, asking about a curry powder and green curry, I told her I would share this Thai Green Curry paste recipe for a delicious Fish Curry I make. (First I will post the curry paste and then I'll follow it up with the fish curry.) The recipe, I have used for a couple of years now, is from the "The Complete Asian Cookbook" by Charmaine Solomon. I am not as familiar with making green curry paste, so I have always just followed the directions without needing to make adjustments to the recipe. The recipe as it is has worked wonderful in making several different dishes that call for it.

ingredients for thai green curry paste




Your Ingredients:

4 large green chillies
1 tsp black peppercorns
1 small brown onion
1 tbs chopped garlic
2 TBS chopped fresh coriander, all including root
2 tsp. chopped lemon lime peel
1 tsp salt
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp lemon grass
1 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp shrimp paste ( 2 tsp fish sauce)
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tbs oil






1. Chop the onion,garlic,coriander, lemon peel, and chillies. Remove the stems from the chilies, and for a milder version remove the seeds or spicier version leave them. Next place all the vegetables , spices and the oil into a blender. Blend until you have a thick paste. If it's too dry add either a bit of water or more oil to smooth out the paste.
2. Scoop onto a container and it's ready to use. Or you can store it in the refrigerator for about a week maybe longer or in the freezer for up to 2 months. (This paste should make enough for 2 recipes.) Now you are ready to use in any of your favorite Thai dishes!

homemade curry paste


This is the book I got the Recipe from, but she has a lot of delicious recipes to try.


**UPDATE**
This recipe was #4 on Foodbuzz top #9 on Feb. 20, 2010 *

12 comments:

Catherine February 18, 2010 at 12:59 PM  

This sounds so good! I love a spicy paste!

Nancy February 18, 2010 at 1:38 PM  

Hi Catherine, thank you:) and it is very good!

chow bella February 18, 2010 at 2:16 PM  

Thanks for posting! This recipes is very comprehensive with ingredients I can actually find! You blog design is so sultry...looks great!

Mae February 18, 2010 at 2:21 PM  

The photos are great - you are braver than me to do this!

Tasty Eats At Home February 18, 2010 at 3:10 PM  

Sounds so tasty. I always feel like I'm cheating by using a jarred curry paste - I should make it from scratch this way!

Nancy February 19, 2010 at 8:02 AM  

Hi Cassandra, it's my pleasure. You have to let me know if you try it out. And Thanks, That's exactly the look I was going for:)

Mae & Madhuri- thanks:)

Tasty-You will get addicted to homemade.

Bigarade February 19, 2010 at 4:08 PM  

Your photos are great and well!
this is one of my fave comfort foods,
i could drown in thai green curry!
great post :D

really made me dropping by,worthwhile :D

Sook February 20, 2010 at 12:10 AM  

Oh green curry is my favorite! I am glad you posted this recipe! I've been wanting to make it at home.

tina February 20, 2010 at 1:54 PM  

i can't imagine making this on my own! you are too brave. love your photos btw :)

Nancy February 21, 2010 at 10:32 AM  

Hi Bigarade, hehe :)
Hi Sook, Glad to hear it!
Hi Tina, Thank you and it's not so hard :)

Xiao Yen Recipes March 8, 2010 at 1:57 PM  

I've been wanting to make fresh curry paste myself for the longest time but never got around to finding the right recipe. Yours look yummy!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. I love to hear from my readers so please leave your thoughts or questions below. Thank You!

(**PLEASE notice that comments with links are sent to the spam filter. This is not a place for you to advertise yourself.**)

Buy or Sell Food Photos!

View My PortfolioRoyalty Free Images

Support Me By Clicking on These Links:

living in Czech Republic Expat Women - Helping Women Living OverseasTopOfBlogsBuy Foodie artHonest Cooking The Food Magazine, Spicie Foodie , contributor

Followers

©2009-2011 All recipes, articles, blog post, content, and images (*Unless otherwise stated*) are the sole property of Spicie Foodie and Nancy Lopez-McHugh. They should not be used without prior written consent. You can contact me here

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP