Honest Scrap Award!

>> Monday, January 25, 2010

A couple of days ago I received this "Honest Scrap" honesty award, and I am so excited and honored. A wonderful fellow foodie named, Scott who pens the Fight the Fat Foodie blog is whom awarded this to me. Scott's blog is one of my favorite blogs to read (even if I don't comment often), because it's a real honest and healthy approach to food. He blogs about his struggle with weight gain and how he is living a healthier life style and continuing to loose the weight. Though I don't have a weight issue I still believe in eating as healthy as possible without having to give up all of our favorite foods , Scott and I share this in common. He has so many wonderful recipes that will make your mouth water. My favorite at the moment is his peppered tuna steak with rosemary potatoes, yummy!!Oh yeah, for those of you who are members of Weight Watchers, you'll be thrilled to see that he gives you the WW points. Please stop by Fight the Fat Foodie blog and pay Scott a visit.

Accepting this award means that I have to pass on the award to 10 fellow food bloggers that are honest in their approach to blogging and food. I also have to tell you 10 honest things about myself.



10 honest things about myself....
1. I refused to listen to my Mother when she would try to teach me to cook, she should be proud of me now:)
2. My kitchen is the size of a closet and minimally equipped which makes me scream sometimes from the lack of work space.
3. Some nights I cook 2 different dinners , 1 for my husband and I and 1 special meal for my Dog. (He's spoiled since we don't have children yet.)
4. Sunday night we have roasted chicken because it's my dog's favorite dinner
5. I hate canned peas(fresh, raw or frozen are Ok -just not canned)
6. Fresh parsley makes me cringe and maybe a little bit nauseous
7. Fried food,Chinese restaurants and McDonalds give me horrible heartburn(antacids are a must if I want to eat any of these)
8. My American husband can eat spicier foods than I can, I'm very proud of him:)
9. I have one cabinet in my kitchen dedicated to spices, it's over flowing with them and I think I have an addiction:)
10. I get really angry when I'm hungry or starving and I have to wait to eat or be fed. At a restaurant if food takes too long, or on nights when my husband cooks when dinner is taking too long and I have to wait to eat past our normal 8 dinner time. My poor husband has to hear me complain, but I blame it on my hypoglycemia, really I can't help it:)) Hypoglycemic rage is not a pretty thing, lol .

And now for my 10 Honest Scrap Award.... in no particular order
1. Sense&Serendipity
2. Girl Gone Gourmet
3. In the Kitchen With Nick
4. Peas Love Carrots
5. Taste Hong Kong
6. Rambling Babushka
7. Russian Season
8. Jeroxie -Addictive & Comsuming
9. Simply Scrumptious
10. Cookin' Canuck

Please stop by Scott's blog and all the wonderful blogs above, I promise you like what you see on all of them.

9 comments:

Scott K January 25, 2010 at 4:53 PM  

I'm addicted to spices too! Thanks for your VERY nice comments.

Nancy January 25, 2010 at 5:17 PM  

Hi Scott, Sure I just like to say it how I see it:))

Unknown January 25, 2010 at 9:39 PM  

Thanks so much for the award :)

Divina Pe January 27, 2010 at 2:41 AM  

Thank you so much for the award. It's good to get to know more about you. :D I want to see your spice cabinet too. :)

Nancy January 27, 2010 at 3:53 PM  

Hi April,

You are welcome:) and I'm looking forward to reading your 10s and seeing your 10 choices for the award.

Nancy January 27, 2010 at 3:54 PM  

Hi Divina,

You're welcome:) I also look forward to get to know more about you. I will have to take a snapshot of my cabinet and share it with here.,,soon.

Alina January 28, 2010 at 3:18 AM  

Thank you so much for the award! I've posted my 10!! :)

bunkycooks January 29, 2010 at 4:39 PM  

My dog's favorite dinner is chicken, too! He gets cooked chicken with this freeze dried all natural stuff that I give him. Way too spoiled! ;)

Nancy January 30, 2010 at 6:19 PM  

Hi Alina, great post :)

Hi BunkyCooks, That's funny every Dog owner I know says the same thing, Chicken.,hehe, Our spoiled little animals:)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. I love to hear from my readers so please leave your thoughts or questions below. Thank You!

(**PLEASE notice that comments with links are sent to the spam filter. This is not a place for you to advertise yourself.**)

Buy or Sell Food Photos!

View My PortfolioRoyalty Free Images

Support Me By Clicking on These Links:

living in Czech Republic Expat Women - Helping Women Living OverseasTopOfBlogsBuy Foodie artHonest Cooking The Food Magazine, Spicie Foodie , contributor

Followers

©2009-2011 All recipes, articles, blog post, content, and images (*Unless otherwise stated*) are the sole property of Spicie Foodie and Nancy Lopez-McHugh. They should not be used without prior written consent. You can contact me here

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP