Heavenly Nutella Banana Bread

>> Wednesday, January 26, 2011



Banana Chocolate Cake; Chocolate Banana Bread; recipe; ingredients; chocolate; bananas; baked; spicie foodie; spicy foodie; sweet and savory cake; sweet and savory bread; bourbon vanilla
Raise your hand if you love bananas, raise your other hand if you love Nutella (Hazelnut cream), now raise your two hands and one foot if you love bananas and Nutella together. Nutella and bananas go together just as dreamy as bananas and peanut butter, drool! One of our favorite snacks, lunches or even breakfast is a freshly made crepe with Nutella and banana slices (Even our scruffy terrier, Panchito, loves a few bites, what can I say this dog has good tastes.) The other day I was daydreaming of Nutella and banana crepes but it was 9 at night and much to late to make a batch of crepes. When I get a craving I'm like a child, I gotta get my fix straight away. So I made a bread instead.

This was one of the best breads/cakes/loafs I have ever made! It was so light, moist, spongy, chocolatie and oh so satisfying. My husband didn't know what I was up to in the kitchen and when I brought him a slice he was happily surprised. He also really liked it and kept saying how good it tasted. In our house I'm the one that eats more desserts and sweets so to see him enjoy it this much was a good sign. Totally worth washing dishes at that time of day. You will notice that there is very little sugar, I find Nutella and bananas to be sweet enough on their own and didn't want to have an over sweetened bread. I hope you too enjoy the recipe as much as we did.


Banana Chocolate; Cake; Ingredients; Baking; Banana Bread; Nutella; Hazelnut cream; chocolate cream; banana cake; flour; baking powder; baking soda; bananas; sugar; brown sugar; organic; milk; vegetable oil; sunflower oil; canola oil; egg; brown egg
Ingredients:
Wet Ingredients:
2 small ripe bananas = 1/2 cup or 150 grams mashed
1 medium egg
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. Bourbon Vanilla or 1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. brown sugar (organic)
2 heaping tbsp. Nutella or any Hazelnut cream
1/4 cup sunflower oil
1/2 cup whole milk

Dry Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda

1. Preheat the oven to 200C or 392F, line a loaf mold with baking paper or butter and dust with flour then set aside. In a large bowl sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.

2. In a separate large bowl mash the bananas or add the mashed bananas. Beat the egg into the bananas for 2 minutes ( to build some air). Next add the salt, vanilla, brown sugar and oil into the bowl. Stir until well combined, then add the Nutella and mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. Pour the whole milk into the wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
chocolate; cake; bread; mix; batter; recipe
3. Using a spatula fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, just until all ingredients are well combined. But do not over stir as this will create gluten and the bread will not rise. Pour batter into baking/loaf mold.
Banana Chocolate Cake; Chocolate Banana Bread; recipe; ingredients; chocolate; bananas; baked; spicie foodie; spicy foodie; sweet and savory cake; sweet and savory bread; bourbon vanilla
4. Place in center of oven and bake for 35 minutes or until baked through. Test the bread by inserting either a toothpick or butter knife into the center and if baked through it will come out dry. If there is batter on the toothpick/knife the bread needs to bake longer. Allow to cool before serving.
Banana Chocolate Cake; Chocolate Banana Bread; recipe; ingredients; chocolate; bananas; baked; spicie foodie; spicy foodie; sweet and savory cake; sweet and savory bread; bourbon vanilla
You can also serve with butter, or toast a slice then butter it. Delish!
See the large air pockets that formed all over the bread, making it very light and airy.

Reminder:
If you would like to participate in January's YBR roundup please sign up here and email your information to spiciefoodie (@) gmail.com . January 29th is the cutoff day to participate. Thanks!

OTHER GREAT NUTELLA RECIPES:
Nutella Cream Pie by Gingerbread Bagels
Nutella Queen Claudia (What's Cookin' Italian Style Cuisine) has so many great recipes here.
Fried Orange Creams with Nutella Ganache by Gina (guest post on Chef Dennis blog)



50 comments:

Nancy January 26, 2011 at 7:54 PM  

Thank you Claudia, aka Nutella Queen:) You have so many fantastic Nutella recipes.

Heather S-G January 26, 2011 at 7:55 PM  

Yum, I have both feet and hands raised!!

~Lisa~ January 26, 2011 at 8:06 PM  

Nancy, I love nutella and bananas and I fell over because you I raised my hands and a foot hehe

Unknown January 26, 2011 at 8:19 PM  

Hey Nancy, I'm raising hands and feet for this beautiful tasty looking loaf of bread! Gorgeous photos, not fair they're making me hungry ;-)

Nancy January 26, 2011 at 8:27 PM  

@Girlichef, Hehe:)

@Lisa, Hehe:) There are going to be all lot of falls today:)

@Patty, Yay your also on our cool team:) You're going to have to go bake some now then, listen to that craving:)

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit January 26, 2011 at 8:32 PM  

All of my limbs are up in the air! This recipe looks fantastic!

Anca@Bistro Gerard January 26, 2011 at 8:35 PM  

I definitely need more than two hands and two feet to show how much I love bananas and Nutella :-) This loaf looks so delicious I feel really tempted to make this at the weekend:-)

Nancy January 26, 2011 at 8:37 PM  

@Leanna, Yay!! Thank you:)

@Anca, Go on do it! Maybe you can barrow the person's next to you hands and feet, hehe.

Rachel @ Mother's Mementos January 26, 2011 at 8:59 PM  

Oh, what a fabulous idea to use Nutella! I will definitely have to try next time!

Sandra January 26, 2011 at 9:12 PM  

Ohh this is yummmmyyyy! Awesome post!!!

All That's Left Are The Crumbs January 26, 2011 at 9:35 PM  

I have both hands raised too! This is a great idea and I just happen to have a couple of bananas that need to new purpose.

Anonymous,  January 26, 2011 at 9:43 PM  

All of my limbs are raised!! This sounds delicious... just in time for Nutella Day (which I think is Feb 5 or 6)

Tiffany January 26, 2011 at 10:05 PM  

I have every limb raised!!!! This truly sounds heavenly!

She's Cookin' January 26, 2011 at 10:25 PM  

You just raised banana bread to a whole new level of scrumptious!

penny aka jeroxie January 27, 2011 at 12:11 AM  

oh nutella! what a fine looking bread too.

Roxan January 27, 2011 at 12:34 AM  

Nancy! I've missed you :)
I raise my hand! I love bananas and nutella. This bread looks delicious! I'm probably better off not making it though, I'd end up eating the whole thing.

my boyfriend cooks for me January 27, 2011 at 1:03 AM  

oh my god, this is GENIUS!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to buy some bananas and wait for them to turn mushy...

Carolyn January 27, 2011 at 7:45 AM  

I don't think I've actually ever tried bananas and nutella together. I just usually eat it straight from a jar with a spoon! But since I love bananas and PB, I can imagine how good this would be. And together in a bread? Heck yeah!

Unknown January 27, 2011 at 8:26 AM  

I'm sure this was heavenly. Banana and Nutella are soooo gooooood together. I love them in crepes... I cannot wait to give this bread a try.

The Chocolate Priestess January 27, 2011 at 10:06 AM  

Very nice combination of flavors. Looks like the bread turned out great.

L-Kel January 27, 2011 at 11:19 AM  

Yummy! I can't wait to try. I made a similar recipe where I marbled the nutella into the banana bread but it didn't have as much of a punch

Magic of Spice January 27, 2011 at 11:38 AM  

Oh my does this ever sound and look incredible :)
A toasted slice with butter, here now with my coffee...I wish :)

fromBAtoParis January 27, 2011 at 11:48 AM  

I have just showed your bread to my daughters....and you have become the most popular blogger here!! (I'm jealous ;D)
Excellent recipe!

Suchitra Vaidyaram January 27, 2011 at 11:56 AM  

gorgeous looking banana bread- Yum!!!

Tanantha @ I Just Love My Apron January 27, 2011 at 1:27 PM  

I wanted to raise both hands and both feet! hahaha. This combination can win in any situation. Who can't resist that?
Beautiful photos as always and those photos make my stomach growl and it's not even lunch time yet!

Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels January 27, 2011 at 1:28 PM  

What a gorgeous loaf of bread! I wish I could devour it but sadly I'm allergic to bananas. But I definitely will be making this for my dad, he will LOVE it. Thank you so much for the recipe. And thanks for listing my recipe, so sweet of you :)

Matt S,  January 27, 2011 at 2:21 PM  

looks amazing! I'm wondering, how far in advance do you think you could make this without it going stale?

Dimah January 27, 2011 at 3:46 PM  

That looks and sounds incredibly yummy!

Steph January 27, 2011 at 4:22 PM  

Heavenly indeed!! This looks amazing!!

briarrose January 27, 2011 at 6:39 PM  

Oh oh.....banana and nutella bread....brilliant! I love it.

Nancy January 27, 2011 at 7:20 PM  

I love all of your comments, so sweet and funny :) Glad to see there is a whole world of Nutella Banana lovers.

@Matt S., You could try storing it in the refrigerator to extend the shelf life. Then warm it up or toast it when you are ready to eat it.

Deborah Dowd January 27, 2011 at 8:20 PM  

Banana bread with nutella? This sounds really amazing.

Sommer January 28, 2011 at 6:36 AM  

Oh yum!!! I love bananas and nutella, too! Never thought to make a bread with it! This bread would make awesome muffins, I bet, too!!

RawFooDHaven January 28, 2011 at 10:13 AM  

This is a great twist for banana bread! I love bananas.....Great Idea!.

Nourhan @ Miss Anthropist's Kitchen January 28, 2011 at 1:29 PM  

I don't even LIKE bananas but this sounds INCREDIBLE! Nutella? YUM!

A little bit of everything January 28, 2011 at 2:44 PM  

sorry if I'm mistyping, it's getting hard to write with the toes since you asked us to raise two hands and one foot if you love nuttela and bananas.
I love banana bread and adding nuttela to it makes it heavenly.
Thanks for sharing Nancy, hope you'll have a wonderful weekend

Stella January 30, 2011 at 5:54 PM  

Hey Nancy! This bread does sound like it would be so good! The combination of Nutella and bananas just sounds natural. I mean, what could go wrong with chocolate, nuts, and banana? Yummerz!
p.s. Sorry about not submitting to the Round Up this month. As you may know, I've been dealing with some issues (smile but seriously). I'll be sure to submit next time-for sure;-)
XXOO

Renata January 30, 2011 at 6:32 PM  

I raised both hands and one foot, now I raise the other foot too because I want some!!! :o)) I love Nutella, this banana bread sounds heavenly!
Thanks for visiting my blog! I really appreciate it!
Looking forward to your event!

Courtney January 31, 2011 at 9:48 AM  

I've never been a huge fan of banana bread, but the addition of Nutella has me ready to try this one! Thanks for the awesome recipe!

Trish January 31, 2011 at 5:07 PM  

Love the way this nutella bread looks. Such a treat and something out of the ordinary!

scrambledhenfruit January 31, 2011 at 6:50 PM  

This looks so good! I bet it would be even better toasted with a bit of Nutella spread on it. :)

Tastemonials February 5, 2011 at 9:58 PM  

I tasted my first Nutella this week in Switzerland and bought my first jar today. I think this will be the recipe to celebrate today as Nutella Day.

Tastemonials February 9, 2011 at 7:56 PM  

I made your bread and will have a post about it tonight. Mine came out a little different, but it was still good.

Hannah February 10, 2011 at 9:13 PM  

I was very excited to combine nutella and banana bread, but when I tried this recipe, my bread came out a little dry...not quite as soft and moist as my banana bread usually does. I'm not sure what I did wrong!

Nancy February 11, 2011 at 10:20 AM  

@Tastemonials, Glad you liked it!

@HCON, Perhaps the recipe you usually make calls for more oil or butter. I use a very small amount of oil but this is to my liking. I suggest you try adjusting the oil or even milk, or you could also make your usual recipe and just add the Nutella. Hope you enjoy it:)

Xiaolu @ 6 Bittersweets February 11, 2011 at 3:37 PM  

Mmm what a fantastic combination! I can't wait to try this :).

Logan March 22, 2011 at 1:59 PM  

Awesome recipe. Im going to use "Justins chocolate hazlenut butter!"

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. I love to hear from my readers so please leave your thoughts or questions below. Thank You!

(**PLEASE notice that comments with links are sent to the spam filter. This is not a place for you to advertise yourself.**)

Buy or Sell Food Photos!

View My PortfolioRoyalty Free Images

Support Me By Clicking on These Links:

living in Czech Republic Expat Women - Helping Women Living OverseasTopOfBlogsBuy Foodie artHonest Cooking The Food Magazine, Spicie Foodie , contributor

Followers

©2009-2011 All recipes, articles, blog post, content, and images (*Unless otherwise stated*) are the sole property of Spicie Foodie and Nancy Lopez-McHugh. They should not be used without prior written consent. You can contact me here

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP