Your Best Recipes of 2010 (YBR Special Edition)

>> Thursday, December 9, 2010




**PLEASE READ THE RULES FOR THIS MONTHS YBR, THEY ARE DIFFERENT. IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES I WON'T BE ABLE TO INCLUDE YOU IN THE ROUNDUP** THANK YOU.

Before I get to the YBR announcement I need to ask you guys something to help me out on my first photography tutorial I am going to be posting soon. What photo editing software do you use? Please provide the name and version of the software you use (for example Photoshop CS5). If you do not use any please say so in your comment. Thank you.

2010 best recipes, Show me Your Best Recipes, the best recipes of 2010, food blogger's best 2010 recipe, YBR, your best recipes,participate, event, roundup, round up, foodie event

December's YBR (Your Best Recipe) is going to be a little bit different from the previous months. I had been kicking around the idea of hosting two YBRs this month to 1. Showcase your December recipes and 2. Showcase your best recipe for 2010. But everyone is super busy this month with the holidays leaving us with little to no extra time. So the best solution for this is to host "Your Best Recipes of 2010". In the previous roundup I asked what you guys thought and the majority liked the best of 2010. I'm announcing the YBR earlier this month to give you guys as much time possible to pick your recipe and sign up.

RULES TO PARTICIPATE:
1. If you want to participate sign up using the Linky form below. When it asks you for the link just use your blogs main URL, (for example mine would be : http://spiciefoodie.blogspot.com/). When it asks you for the photo use your profile photo or avatar, it shouldn't be the recipe's photo. When you are asked for the Caption or Title use the name of your blog or your name only, do not use the recipe name.

2. Choose a recipe(one) from your blog that was posted in 2010. Choose a recipe that you feel was your favorite, your biggest culinary accomplishment or just plainly said your best recipe of 2010! REMEMBER there are no limits to who can participate nor your culinary level nor photography skills are important. I am looking for passion and love for what you do.

3. Email the following to me : Your name, Your blog's name, Your blog's URL, Your recipe's name, the link to your recipe, and 1 photo for your recipe which will be used on my roundup. **PLEASE EMAIL THIS TO ME NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 28TH ** to spiciefoodie (@) gmail.com

4. Don't forget to grab your badge and place it somewhere on your blog. You can find the details for the badge here on the YBR dedicated page.

The round up will be published here on Spicie Foodie on December 30, 2010. It would be great if you also invited your readers to come and see your best recipe of 2010 on the roundup here. (Your individual photos will link back to your chosen recipes.) I know it is going to be challenging for you to pick just one of your recipes, but I think it's a great way for all of you to "show off" and be proud of your favorite 2010 recipe.

I can't think of a better way to end 2010 than by showcasing "Your Best Recipes of 2010" I'm so excited!

2010 best recipes, Show me Your Best Recipes, the best recipes of 2010, food blogger's best 2010 recipe, YBR, your best recipes,participate, event, roundup, round up, foodie event

25 comments:

Magic of Spice December 9, 2010 at 12:44 PM  

Wow, all of 2010...will you pick for me, lol
I use GIMP and Photoshop CS5, but I am very new to Photoshop. I really am new to photo editing completely and just scratching the surface so far so I am completely looking forward to your tutorials :)

Sandra December 9, 2010 at 1:10 PM  

I started with PhotoImpression 4, but swiched on picnik.com, I like it much more. Also, I can't wait for Dec. picks...:) it will be fun!:)

Green Girl @ A little bit of everything December 9, 2010 at 1:53 PM  

the battle of recipes has started :)
an't wait to see the best recipes of the best foodies shown here, I'm so excited
Have a great week

Nancy December 9, 2010 at 5:02 PM  

@Magic of Spice, Haha nope :) It's going to be hard I know, but neat I think:) Hope I can share a little bit of my small knowledge. But I think every little bit helps.

@Sandra, Thanks I didn't know those and will look into them. I can't wait either:)

@Green Girl, Well it's not a battle but rather a showcase of all great foodies in our community. I'm excited about it too:)

whatsfordinneracrossstatelines December 9, 2010 at 5:43 PM  

Yes Nancy every little bit helps. I haven't used any software other than picnic. It's simple, but I do want to buy something else down the road. Wow, I don't know what to choose, I will have to think about it. I know for me, I haven't been able to get on Foodgawker or others, when I make my pics smaller, even after sharpening them, they say they aren't sharp enough, maybe someone has a tip for me on that.
-Gina-

Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine December 9, 2010 at 5:55 PM  

I would love to participate, but not sure what this will take, going through evaluating comments, how do you pick your best?
I would think you would go by popularity
I dont use any kind of photoshopping. Just whatever my camera takes.

Nancy December 9, 2010 at 6:37 PM  

@Gina, Don't get discouraged. Foodgawker and Tastespotting turn down about half or more of my images. I get the sharpening reason as well as being too dark. I find it funny because then those images are accepted by my stock agencies. Just keep trying and don't give up because you are doing great!

@Claudia, Good:) Just pick a recipe that was your favorite or that you enjoyed the most. It's not about popularity, it's about how much you loved it.

Chef Dennis Littley December 9, 2010 at 7:44 PM  

I could certainly use some help! I have CS3 and Lightroom but mostly use elements just to fix the lighting. A tutorial would be a big help!

Evelyne CulturEatz December 9, 2010 at 8:48 PM  

Looking forward to the best of the year roundup!

Claudia December 9, 2010 at 9:01 PM  

I take quick photos (with a flash) as my family is hungry! Not photo-savvy - will be looking forward to the round-up though!

Emily Z December 10, 2010 at 12:23 PM  

I am going to have to give this some thought, it is pretty hard to narrow down one recipe! I will be back!

Nikki @ The Tolerant Vegan December 10, 2010 at 1:17 PM  

This is exciting! I'm going to try to figure out how to do all of this. I'm still learning how to put a badge on my site. I'm such a newbie, my skills are pathetic ;)

Gourmet Getaway December 10, 2010 at 3:08 PM  

I better start trying to choose a recipe... can't wait!

I use photoshop cs4 but I will be upgrading to CS5 soon.

Julie M. December 11, 2010 at 8:56 AM  

Sounds like fun! I use photoshop elements 9.

Stella December 12, 2010 at 8:38 AM  

Hey Nancy, I use Gimp 2-that's what it labels itself on my computer as at least. I'm actually starting to like it;-)
Oh, and I'll pick my recipe soon, and send you the e-mail with all the info while posting the roundup on my blog...!

Unknown December 12, 2010 at 10:30 AM  

Hi Nancy, I use Picasa to edit my photos and to organize them. I'm going to pick out a recipe and participate this month, thanks Patty :-)

Shirley December 13, 2010 at 12:02 AM  

Hi Nancy,
Will send you the recipe for this month. I dont use any software yet.

Nancy December 14, 2010 at 7:14 PM  

Thank you guys for letting me know about the software you use. I'm looking forward to all of your recipes!

ann low December 16, 2010 at 7:50 PM  

Hi Nancy, I am submitting mine soon.
Merry Christmas!

Anonymous,  December 27, 2010 at 10:08 AM  

Thanks for doing this roundup, Nancy. I love checking out what other foodies are up to. Happy New Year!

Seasoned & Stirred December 28, 2010 at 9:36 PM  

THANKS, Nancy!!! I just sent my info via email. I was a little hard to choose one recipe but I'm sooooo excited to have this opportunity! :>)

Nancy December 29, 2010 at 12:03 PM  

@Ann, Anamaris & Lynn,
Thank you ladies! I've received your information to include you in the roundup tomorrow (the 30th)!

Seasoned & Stirred December 30, 2010 at 5:42 PM  

Oh, I forgot to mention the photo editor...I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager because it is included in the standard MS office suite of tools on my computer. I don't know a lot about photo editing so I can't say if it's a good tool but I can edit, crop, adjust contrast and basic stuff like that.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. I love to hear from my readers so please leave your thoughts or questions below. Thank You!

(**PLEASE notice that comments with links are sent to the spam filter. This is not a place for you to advertise yourself.**)

Buy or Sell Food Photos!

View My PortfolioRoyalty Free Images

Support Me By Clicking on These Links:

living in Czech Republic Expat Women - Helping Women Living OverseasTopOfBlogsBuy Foodie artHonest Cooking The Food Magazine, Spicie Foodie , contributor

Followers

©2009-2011 All recipes, articles, blog post, content, and images (*Unless otherwise stated*) are the sole property of Spicie Foodie and Nancy Lopez-McHugh. They should not be used without prior written consent. You can contact me here

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP