November's YBR Roundup, Simply Amazing!

>> Tuesday, November 30, 2010

So here we are on the second edition of our YBR roundup. Again I'm just amazed at all of the scrumptious foods being cooked all over the world by so many talented cooks. My thanks to each an everyone of you for participating and sharing your culinary talents with us. I'm having such a blast hosting the YBR and I will be looking forward to it each and every month! On that note I have to ask you something. Since 2010 is coming to an end, how would you feel about December being dedicated to your best or favorite recipe or post of the year? You can pick anything published on your blog in 2010 and the rest would work the same. Please comment and let me know if you like the idea or would you like to stick to the monthly restriction? Thanks and I'm looking forward to your thoughts. Here are Your Best Recipes for November!

Chocolate and Cranberry Love Affair
Sandra, Sandra's Easy Cooking, Chocolate and Cranberry Love Affair


Tamales Here, Tamales There


Apple Ginger Pork Chops
Jaime,Lady Fromage, Apple Ginger Pork Chops

Choc Mint, Hazelnut and Raspberry Layer Cake

Bollito misto or boiled dinner
Tam, A Little Bit Burnt, Bollito misto or boiled dinner

Spanish Paella
Rachel, The Pleasure Monger, Spanish Paella


Mango Mirror Cake
Anncoo, Anncoo Journal, Mango Mirror Cake

Gorgonzola Tagliatelle
Julie, Gourmet Getaways, Gorgonzola Tagliatelle

Indian Dhal Soup with Potato Stuffed Parathas
Natalie (aka foodblogandthedog), Cook Eat Live Vegetarian, Indian Dhal Soup with Potato Stuffed Parathas

White Bean Ice Cream with Coconut glaze

Olive-encrusted Pacific Seabass with Provencal Vegetables

Candy Cake
Roxana (aka GreenGirl) , A Little Bit of Everything, Candy Cake

Matcha and Black Sesame Spiral Ravioli

Best Thai Curry Tofu EVER
Evelyne, Cheap Ethnic Eatz, Best Thai Curry Tofu EVER

Lamb Meatballs with Pomegranate-Tomato Sauce

Crystal Dumplings
Liv Wan, Egg Wan's Food Odyssey, Crystal Dumplings

Eclairs Filled with Pumpkin Cheesecake and Bathed in Dark Chocolate

Sweet Potato Cream with Chorizo
Anamaris, Chef It Yourself, Sweet Potato Cream with Chorizo

Old Style Sweet Potato Pie
Stella, The Witchy Kitchen, Old Style Sweet Potato Pie

Gnocchi w/ Mizirthra in Brown Butter & Sage

pumpkin cornbread
Lisa, Sweet As Sugar, Pumpkin Cornbread


Bourbon Pumpkin Cheesecake with Spiced Pecan Crust
Carolyn, All Day I Dream About Food, Bourbon Pumpkin Cheesecake with Spiced Pecan Crust


Baked Brie Croissants with Cranberry Sauce
Magic of Spice, The Ardent Epicure, Baked Brie Croissants with Cranberry Sauce


Pumpkin Bread Pudding
The Paper Princess, Create With Joy, Pumpkin Bread Pudding


Turkey Pot Pie
Chef Dennis, More Than a Mount Full, Turkey Pot Pie


Friendship Bread
Rocio, Apicius' Apprentice, Friendship Bread


Cajun Trinity Rice
Nancy, Spicie Foodie, Cajun Trinity Rice

30 comments:

Stella November 30, 2010 at 10:54 AM  

Whoa! Everything here really does look so delicious. And I can't believe how wonderful that cranberry cake at the top looks. Amazing (smile)!
Between that, the gorgonzola pasta, and Dennis' delicious looking pot pie, I could have a dream meal:)
p.s. I made a rice almost just like yours the other night. Yummerz, Nancy!

ann low November 30, 2010 at 11:09 AM  

Lovely roundup! Thank you very for including me.

Evelyne@CheapEthnicEatz November 30, 2010 at 11:20 AM  

Wow, what amazing recipes and pictures from everyone! Amazing. I like the december's yearly best idea!

Sandra November 30, 2010 at 11:22 AM  

Great roundup! Thank you so much for putting me on!:) Also I do, strongly agree that we can include our best dishes/recipes for December roundup! It could be fun, and I know there will be so much amazing photos and recipes!:)
Thanks again, Nancy!

She's Cookin' November 30, 2010 at 11:33 AM  

Great roundup, Nancy! That opening photo really pulls you in :) Look forward to checking out this month's YBRs!

Chef Dennis Littley November 30, 2010 at 11:40 AM  

Nancy
thanks so much for having this wonderful round up for us to participate in!
What a great lineup of food!! I like the idea of picking the best of 2010! Sounds like a plan!
Dennis

Magic of Spice November 30, 2010 at 12:21 PM  

Wow that's some gorgeous food...Great November line up :) I think best of 2010 is a great idea!

Dana Salvo November 30, 2010 at 12:40 PM  

I wouldn't mind taking a bite out of this whole page! Looks incredible.

Sommer November 30, 2010 at 1:32 PM  

Wow what amazing looking food!!! How gracious of you to showcase them all, Nancy!!!

I like the idea of your year's best!!!

Create With Joy November 30, 2010 at 1:47 PM  

Dear Nancy

Thanks for including me in this amazing round-up - there are so many fabulous recipes here, I am looking forward to visiting everyone's blogs in my spare time!

I love the idea of featuring our favorite recipe of 2010 - I'm really looking forward to the Dec feature, and can't wait to share your round-up with my readers at Create With Joy!

Ramona
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

Gourmet Getaway November 30, 2010 at 2:50 PM  

Thanks for including my Gorgonzola Pasta in the round up. All the images are amazing, I know where to come now when I can't think what to cook, there are just so many choices, I would devour them all given the chance.

I am happy to choose a top recipe of the year.

Belinda @zomppa November 30, 2010 at 3:30 PM  

Thanks for the add! It is an honor to be amongst this group! Every time I look at another picture, I think OH!, then the next, then the next...I am drooling.

Carolyn November 30, 2010 at 3:38 PM  

Great round up, Nancy. All the food looks truly amazing. I'm going to tweet this post right now (I just joined Twitter and get a kick out of tweeting).

Tanantha @ I Just Love My Apron November 30, 2010 at 6:09 PM  

Everything looks so good!
What a bummer! I missed everything. I've been overwhelmed with stuff. Great job Nancy!

Emily Z November 30, 2010 at 6:39 PM  

What a fun spread, everything looks so wonderful. What a fun, interactive way to see what other bloggers have posted!

claudia lamascolo November 30, 2010 at 6:51 PM  

your right it was spectacular and I am so sorry I missed it darn working all the time...got to try so many of these amazing entries holy moly!

Chocolate Freckles November 30, 2010 at 9:11 PM  

Great variety of food! everything looks awesome!

penny aka jeroxie November 30, 2010 at 10:31 PM  

so much good food! bummer that I missed out... I was away on holidays :( December then.

Unknown December 1, 2010 at 2:22 AM  

Nancy, there's so much choice of great recipes here, I could cook them all and open up a buffet line! It's such a wonderful round-up and thanks again for doing this initiative and letting me be a part of it. I look forward to December when I know people will put up their best recipes of the month, or even year! I'm alright with it being the best of 2010, I'm sure there are no shortage of recipes or posts to choose from ;-).

Anonymous,  December 1, 2010 at 3:25 AM  

wow these look great. some of them are definietly going onto my to do list, like the mango mirror cake!! how amazing does that look??!!!

Dimah December 1, 2010 at 10:55 AM  

Everything looks awesome!

whatsfordinneracrossstatelines December 1, 2010 at 12:54 PM  

Thank you Nancy for including me! Wow everything looks so good, I want to make everything up here. I have to try some of these for sure, it will just be hard to decide what to make first!
-Gina-

Jillyann December 1, 2010 at 3:08 PM  

Lovely collection this month Nancy! I'm sorry...I haven't been around much lately so I didn't get to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. Hope you and your family had a nice holiday. Hopefully, this month I'll be able to contribute a recipe!

bunkycooks December 1, 2010 at 6:07 PM  

This is a really impressive list of dishes and desserts...just in time for the holidays!

Heather S-G December 1, 2010 at 6:51 PM  

Is it wrong of me to say I WANT IT ALL!!!!? cuz I do Seriously everything looks and sounds wonderful! I'm good w/ recipe of the month or the year...

January December 1, 2010 at 8:29 PM  

that's a lovely roundup Nancy! and great idea for December. is this open for anyone who has something great to contribute? :)

Sook December 2, 2010 at 2:46 AM  

Oh wow, everything looks spectacular! Good ideas for this coming Christmas. :)

Kimberly Peterson December 2, 2010 at 7:13 AM  

Yayyy thanks for this wonderful roundup Nancy!! Everything looks incredible!!

Gwen December 2, 2010 at 2:30 PM  

Wow, what to try first??? I like the idea of your fav recipe of the year! Let's not forget about all of our older recipes!

Green Girl @ A little bit of everything December 2, 2010 at 4:21 PM  

wow, such a great round up, so many recipes to check right now. Thanks for including me too, Nancy.
Having a "best of 2010 round up" sounds like a great idea, can't wait to check lots of wonderful recipes.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. I love to hear from my readers so please leave your thoughts or questions below. Thank You!

(**PLEASE notice that comments with links are sent to the spam filter. This is not a place for you to advertise yourself.**)

Buy or Sell Food Photos!

View My PortfolioRoyalty Free Images

Support Me By Clicking on These Links:

living in Czech Republic Expat Women - Helping Women Living OverseasTopOfBlogsBuy Foodie artHonest Cooking The Food Magazine, Spicie Foodie , contributor

Followers

©2009-2011 All recipes, articles, blog post, content, and images (*Unless otherwise stated*) are the sole property of Spicie Foodie and Nancy Lopez-McHugh. They should not be used without prior written consent. You can contact me here

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP