Your Best Recipes of May 2011, YBR

>> Tuesday, May 31, 2011



Have I ever told you how much I love hosting YBR every month? Well I do, I love it! The reasons why are right below. All the yummy temptations you guys share with us. Going 8 months strong and and it just keeps getting better and better! All thanks to you my wonderful participants. You guys rock! Let's keep our monthly event rocking by supporting each other. Pick a recipe (or several) and stop by their blog to say hi and that you saw their rocking recipe on May's YBR.

Check back in a few days when I'll announce the winner of the Honest Cooking draw. Good luck! And now I leave you with Your Best Recipes of May 2011 in the order submitted. Enjoy!

Polvorones, Polvoron
**Maya, Foodiva's Kitchen, Polvoron


Warm Bread, Poached Egg, & Pancetta Salad


Lima Bean and Mint Soup w/Orange-Cumin Cream


Delicious Crab Croquettes
**Sandra, Sandra's Easy cooking, Delicious Crab Croquettes


Yaki Soba
**Nancy L., Eating Spaghetti with Chopsticks, Yaki Soba


Low Fat Fudge Brownies
**Asiya, Chocolate and Chillies, Low Fat Fudge Brownies


Broccoli Rabe Macaroni and Cheese
Chef Dennis, More Than A Mount Full, Broccoli Rabe Macaroni and Cheese


Churros con Chocolate
Lena, Zomppa, Churros con Chocolate


Chocolate Tiramisu
**Liz, that skinny chick can bake, Chocolate Tiramisu


Lemon Drop Cookies
** Elyse K, The Cultural Dish, Lemon Drop Cookies


Mini Cream Cheese Pound Cakes
** Sandra L., The Sweet Sensations, Mini Cream Cheese Pound Cakes


Grandma's Old Fashioned Molasses Cookies


Mawa Gujiya
** Radhika, Just Home Made, Mawa Gujiya


 Smoked Salmon, Avocado and Asparagus Maki Sushi


Huevos Rancheros
**Victoria, Mission: Food, Huevos Rancheros


Romanian Baked Beans with sausages
**Mihaela, De prin lume adunate..., Romanian Baked Beans with sausages


Macarons with White Chocolate and Mint Ganache


Cupcakes with chocolate Ganache frosting
**Katherine, Katherine Martinelli, Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache Frosting


Spring Rolls with pickled vegetables, fresh herbs, shrimp, and longanizas


Cold Vermicelli Bowl (Bun Giang) with Pan Seared Halibut


Pokey Sticks
**Erin, Dinners, Dishes and Desserts, Pokey Sticks


spaghetti and from-scratch meatballs
**Mardi, Eat.Live.Travel.Write, Spaghetti and from-scratch Meatballs


Wasabi Ice Cream (Wasabi Aisu)
**Ann, Anncoo Journal, Wasabi Ice Cream (Wasabi Aisu)


Fig, Duck, Caramelized Onions, Gorgonzola and Pear Flatbread
**Emily, Cleanliness is Next to Godliness, Fig, Duck, Caramelized Onions, Gorgonzola and Pear Flatbread


STEAMED CHOCOLATE BROWNIE WITH SUNFLOWER DECORATION
**Citra, My Home Diary In Turkey, Steamed Chocolate Brownie with Sunflower Decoration


Rhubarb and Banana Jam
**Pola, An Italian Cooking in the Midwest, Rhubarb and Banana Jam


Smurfy White Chocolate Panna Cotta
**Julie, Gourmet Getaways, Smurfy White Chocolate Panna Cotta


Farmers Market Salad Creamy Cilantro Dressing
Alisha ~ Magic of Spice, The Ardent Epicure, Farmers Market Salad Creamy Cilantro Dressing


Black Bean Enchiladas with Salsa Verde and Sweet Corn Salsa


Black-Ale Marinated Spatchcocked Chicken


Coconut fudge
Nandita, Paaka-Shaale, Coconut fudge


Strawberry Pie with Basil Mascarpone Whipped Cream


Mascarpon
**Cooking Rookie, Cook Book of Trial and Error, Mascarpon


Gourmet Greens and Tangerines


Honey Almond Tart with Red Wine Glazed Cherries


 Cheeseless Eggplant Fritto
**Ranjini & Ruchi, Tadka Pasta, Cheeseless Eggplant Fritto


Stuffed Strawberry French Toast
**Claudia L., What's Cookin' Italian Style Cuisine, Stuffed Strawberry French Toast









46 comments:

Heather S-G May 31, 2011 at 7:52 AM  

...and I love checking out everybody's entries. So many amazing, belly-rumbling things to choose from, I never know where to begin. Thank you for hosting, Nancy =)

Nandita SS May 31, 2011 at 7:54 AM  

A mouth watering round up Nancy!!! I am Happy and proud to be a part of the event

Nancy May 31, 2011 at 7:56 AM  

@Heather and Nandita, So true! It's my pleasure and thanks for being a part of it.

Katherine May 31, 2011 at 8:02 AM  

This is my first YBR and I'm so excited to take part! I love seeing everyone else's photos and recipes together like this. What amazing company to be in! Thanks for hosting and organizing :-)

Unknown May 31, 2011 at 8:08 AM  

Wow, it took me a while to scroll right down to the bottom...every dish looks incredible! The participants list just gets longer and longer, you may have to host YBR twice a month soon... *winks*. Definitely going to check out the blogs that are new to me. Thanks for being the ever-gracious host, Nancy!

Nancy May 31, 2011 at 8:16 AM  

@Katherine, Glad you joined us! My pleasure :)

@Maya, I know right?! I may have to start breaking it up into 2 posts to make the loading time faster for the readers. Thank you for always being a part of it :)

GourmetGetaways May 31, 2011 at 8:17 AM  

Wow!!! I can't believe how many delicious and creative dishes have been submitted!!

Where have I been all month, I have missed to many great recipes!

Thanks for collecting them, I will be visiting the blog owners more often :)

Manu May 31, 2011 at 8:19 AM  

Wow! Fantastic recipes! I had already seen some of them, but I still have to check out the majority of them!!!! Thanks! :-)))

Nancy May 31, 2011 at 8:23 AM  

@Julie, Now we can both catch up :)

@Manu, Glad you joined us this month,come back again next month :)

Anonymous,  May 31, 2011 at 8:52 AM  

Me too! I have seen several as well, but many I have not. I am looking forward to checking out the other sites. Thanks Nancy for putting together such a fun round up each month! Happy I could take part.

Adriana May 31, 2011 at 9:02 AM  

What a wonderful round-up, Manu! I especially liked 'meeting' some new bloggers I haven't been checking out. How can I participate next month?

Adriana May 31, 2011 at 9:03 AM  

I arrived to your site via Manu's Foodbuzz post. I believe this is a wonderful roundup and thank you for exposing me to different bloggers. Need to be coming back more often!

Jill@MadAboutMacarons May 31, 2011 at 9:04 AM  

Wow! That is one magnificent round-up of recipes. Bravo.

Victoria May 31, 2011 at 9:08 AM  

Wow, so many gorgeous-looking recipes! I can't wait to check them all out. Thanks again for hosting! You're awesome :)

penny aka jeroxie May 31, 2011 at 9:15 AM  

So many great creations. Need to get onboard once my hand gets better

Unknown May 31, 2011 at 9:49 AM  

Thanks Nancy for organizing all of these amazing dishes into one place on your beautiful site. I'm feeling so proud of everyone's accomplishments especially of our gracious hostess;-)

ann low May 31, 2011 at 10:13 AM  

Great YBR roundup! Love all those awesome pictures and will definitely check on their recipes. Thanks for hosting Nancy :)

Alina---Explora Cuisine May 31, 2011 at 10:22 AM  

Great Roundup as always Nancy! I couldn't take my eyes of the photos until I finished scrolling the list :)

claudia lamascolo May 31, 2011 at 10:55 AM  

Thank you thank you thankyou so much for all the work you do to post this... I am so sorry I almost missed out~ I so appreciate all the hard work time and effort you put in to making this happen each month. This roundup is Grand, so much to choose from, they are all winners and I am really honored to be a part of this wonderful roundup thank you again so much xoxoxo~

Çitra's Home Diary May 31, 2011 at 11:11 AM  

Glad can be part of it Nancy.. love to check other foodie friend's recipe ... all of them worth to try.. Thank you.

spcookiequeen May 31, 2011 at 11:48 AM  

Oh my Nancy, each recipe is too die for. I only wish I could be at a potluck where I could try all of these. I will have to try some of these for myself and go meet some new bloggers. Thanks again for all your hard work. Thanks for having me over here again.
-Gina-

Belinda @zomppa May 31, 2011 at 12:00 PM  

Goodness - I don't know where to begin, I am drooling over all of these (of course, duh)...love those perfectly cooked eggs.

Chocolate & Chillies May 31, 2011 at 12:03 PM  

All the recipe look great! Thx for hosting!!

Elyse @The Cultural Dish May 31, 2011 at 12:16 PM  

So glad to be a part of this... all of the recipes look amazing!

Sandra May 31, 2011 at 12:16 PM  

Awesome YBR roundup! I am really glad that you are hosting it every month and never gave up!!! You rock sweetie!!!

Kimberly (unrivaledkitch) May 31, 2011 at 1:04 PM  

everything is so beautiful. Thank you so much for all your hard work! Much Gratitude <3

byn always May 31, 2011 at 2:16 PM  

I missed it this month... toooooo much going on this past week! But I LOVE seeing all of these awesome looking recipes! It looks wonderful as always!

Tadka Pasta May 31, 2011 at 4:00 PM  

Everything looks fantastic! What a great round-up, thanks!

Anonymous,  May 31, 2011 at 4:46 PM  

Wow! Some amazing recipes I have missed. I would love to try several of them ... where should I start?! Thanks for sharing such a great overview.

Sandra May 31, 2011 at 7:00 PM  

Thank you Nancy, I'm honored to be in such great company. This is an excellent way to make new friends and try some wonderful recipes. And it's all because of you. Thanks again!

FamilySpice May 31, 2011 at 7:52 PM  

Oh! It's the 31st! I just added the badge to today's post! So many terrific recipes to discover. My husband tagged a few for me to explore further. Thanks for hosting another fabulous YBR!

bakerbyNature May 31, 2011 at 10:53 PM  

and now I am hungry, again. All of those photos looked amazing!

Correen June 1, 2011 at 12:49 AM  

Wonderful round-up...off to find more foodies to interview :) Just added YBR button to my sidebar too.

Mihaela June 1, 2011 at 12:52 AM  

Nancy, what a great recipes, I already bookmarked some of them! That chicken marinated in beer... and white chocolate panna cotta... delish!

Emily @ Life on Food June 1, 2011 at 8:19 AM  

All of these recipes look delicious. I just learned about this last month. I really wanted to participate in May but with the holiday weekend I completely forgot. I cannot wait till next time.

Tiffany June 1, 2011 at 9:41 AM  

Oh, my! Everything looks SO freaking yummy! :D. Thanks for organizing Nancy!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table June 1, 2011 at 10:31 AM  

I love these YBR round ups! Sorry I missed contributing this month. :(

That fig-duck flat bread looks to-die-for!!!

Nancy June 1, 2011 at 11:54 AM  

These are such great recipes, very inspiring. I'm so glad I was able to participate!

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake June 1, 2011 at 5:39 PM  

My goodness! What a beautiful round up this month...every single dish looks amazing!

amlamonte June 1, 2011 at 9:53 PM  

oo, what gorgeous pictures and recipes! thank you for replenishing my bookmarks list!!

Priscilla - She's Cookin' June 2, 2011 at 2:11 AM  

Oh, Nancy - sorry I missed this one! But I' checking out all the fabulous ones who didn't. Delicious as ever :)

Unknown June 2, 2011 at 12:17 PM  

wow, can I have one of each or is that going overboard??

Magic of Spice June 2, 2011 at 6:15 PM  

Amazing line up once again! Some delicious treats to check out :)

Kate@Diethood June 3, 2011 at 12:40 AM  

Everything looks gorgeous, as always! I wish I could remember to participate!! I need to leave myself a note or two. :)

Roxana GreenGirl June 4, 2011 at 10:51 AM  

Like every month, the round up leaves me with my chin on the floor. Everything looks amazing.
Your so good to us Nancy, hosting this delicious event month after month. Thank you :)

Hester Casey - Alchemy June 8, 2011 at 8:22 AM  

Nancy, I have drool on my keyboard! What a collection of wonderful recipes. Some I have seen as I follow the authors' blogs already. Others I cannot wait to check out. Wonderful post!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. I love to hear from my readers so please leave your thoughts or questions below. Thank You!

(**PLEASE notice that comments with links are sent to the spam filter. This is not a place for you to advertise yourself.**)

Buy or Sell Food Photos!

View My PortfolioRoyalty Free Images

Support Me By Clicking on These Links:

living in Czech Republic Expat Women - Helping Women Living OverseasTopOfBlogsBuy Foodie artHonest Cooking The Food Magazine, Spicie Foodie , contributor

Followers

©2009-2011 All recipes, articles, blog post, content, and images (*Unless otherwise stated*) are the sole property of Spicie Foodie and Nancy Lopez-McHugh. They should not be used without prior written consent. You can contact me here

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP