Gourmet Sandwich For A Lazy Lunch

>> Sunday, April 17, 2011


**UPDATE April 19, Thank you for voting my Gourmet Sandwich For A Lazy Lunch into Foodbuzz top 9 today. Congrats to the 8 others too! http://tinyurl.com/25xqg6w **

Gourmet; sandwich; bibb lettuce; lettuce; arugula greens; arugula; mozzarella cheese; fresh mozzarella; cherry tomatoes; tomato; olive oil; potato bread; artisan bread; salami; salame; Hungarian; Hungarian paprikas; paprikas; paprika salami; Spicie Foodie; recipe; vegetarian; no meat sandwich
Sunday, the weekend is coming to an end. Even though I work from home, and can make my own schedule, Sundays still feel like the end of the week for me. It's a day to get organized for the coming week and a day to gather my thoughts on the days passed. If the weather is nice then it's also a day to go for a walk with my hubby and the pooch. A day of lazy meals. My lazy dinner is already planned, Nasi Goreng.

Sunday brunch in our house is hardly ever a big affair. As a matter of fact I prefer big breakfast foods for dinner. This Sunday's lunch was a day of being to lazy to run out for supplies and instead use what was at hand. A loaf of potato bread, Hungarian Paprikas, an array cheese, and a variety of green leafy vegetables. This sandwich is what came out of that and a lazy sunny Spring day. A fantistic tasting sandwich who's flavors burst into your mouth. My husband said that it tasted like a gourmet sandwich one could purchase at a cafe for a high price. So this being a lazy Sunday I leave you with few words and our gourmet tasting sandwich. Enjoy and may the week ahead be a productive one.

Gourmet; sandwich; bibb lettuce; lettuce; arugula greens; arugula; mozzarella cheese; fresh mozzarella; cherry tomatoes; tomato; olive oil; potato bread; artisan bread; salami; salame; Hungarian; Hungarian paprikas; paprikas; paprika salami; Spicie Foodie; recipe; vegetarian; no meat sandwich
Gourmet Sandwich for A Lazy Lunch

Potato bread or any artisan bread of choice
fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
Hungarian Paprikas Salame, (paprika salami sausage), thinly sliced
Bibb lettuce
arugula greens
cherry tomatoes, sliced
mayonnaise or olive oil
German style mustard

Assemble as desired and bon appetite!
Gourmet; sandwich; bibb lettuce; lettuce; arugula greens; arugula; mozzarella cheese; fresh mozzarella; cherry tomatoes; tomato; olive oil; potato bread; artisan bread; salami; salame; Hungarian; Hungarian paprikas; paprikas; paprika salami; Spicie Foodie; recipe; vegetarian; no meat sandwich




34 comments:

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake April 17, 2011 at 1:23 PM  

Oh, how lovely! I heartily approve of this combination of ingredients...so pretty AND delicious.

Our Eyes Eat First April 17, 2011 at 1:42 PM  

gorgeous! your pictures always make my mouth water!

Roxan April 17, 2011 at 3:17 PM  

You consider sunday the end of the week? I consider it the start! :) I have another friend who thinks of it at the end of the week also. So funny how we can look at the same thing completely different. Anyways, this sandwich looks SO yummy and fresh!

Tiffany April 17, 2011 at 3:38 PM  

This is a wonderful sandwich for any day!

Alina---Explora Cuisine April 17, 2011 at 4:09 PM  

I'm hungry again!!! Looks delicious!

She's Cookin' April 17, 2011 at 5:07 PM  

My kind of sandwich! The paprikas salame sounds intriguing and I can imagine the wonderful combination of flavors :) Have a great week, Nancy.

claudia lamascolo April 17, 2011 at 5:08 PM  

what a gorgeous sandwich could eat the whole screen!

Emily @ Life On Food April 17, 2011 at 5:20 PM  

This looks amazing. I love "special" sandwiches, simple to construct but also feels gourmet. Lazy Sundays are the best. Yours sounds very similar to mine.

Michelle Chin April 17, 2011 at 5:55 PM  

I never heard of potato bread before. Initially, I thought that bread was sourdough!

Nandita SS April 17, 2011 at 6:03 PM  

What a yummy looking sandwich!! Makes me wanna grab a bite right away :)

Sandra April 17, 2011 at 6:44 PM  

Great sandwich any day of the week. Have a fun week and Happy Easter.

Sandra April 17, 2011 at 7:18 PM  

This is gorgeous sandwich Nancy..beautiful colors and calling the Spring time!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

Lisa @ Tarte du Jour April 17, 2011 at 7:19 PM  

Your sandwich looks fabulous! Any good sandwich starts with great bread. I hope you had a relaxing weekend!

Aldy April 17, 2011 at 7:47 PM  

Oooh, This sandwich look absolutely mouth-watering! And I can eat that sandwich right now :)
Simply beautiful, Bravo!

Cheers,

Aldy.

Betty @ scrambled hen fruit April 17, 2011 at 7:53 PM  

Your sandwich looks delicious! I'd love one of these any time of day. :)

Lindselicious April 17, 2011 at 7:55 PM  

Mmm check out that hunk of bread... I want this sandwich toasted, ASAP!

Conor @ Hold the Beef April 17, 2011 at 7:57 PM  

You know, it really is hard to beat a sandwich made of freshly sliced fresh bread and quality fresh ingredients. The perfect mixture of textures, with the crunch of the crust, the super soft innards of the bread, and the inbetweenness of the fillings :)

Carolyn April 17, 2011 at 8:10 PM  

Lazy but good, that's the way to do it in my books!

Harvesting for Life April 18, 2011 at 5:48 PM  

That looks absolutely delish!!!

Torviewtoronto April 18, 2011 at 7:00 PM  

delicious looking sandwiches

spcookiequeen April 18, 2011 at 7:21 PM  

Our potato bread here, doesn't look as good as yours. I love lazy days, wish there were more of them. Your sandwich sounds so good right about, I was just thinking what I'm gonna fix for dinner. Hope you are having a good week.
-Gina-

Sandra April 19, 2011 at 1:49 AM  

Congrats on making top 9! ^_^ Have a great Tuesday!

Sortachef April 19, 2011 at 10:46 AM  

Yay, a sandwich in the top 9 today. And a beautiful one at that! Thanks Nancy!

Hester Casey - Alchemy April 19, 2011 at 11:06 AM  

Congratulations on the top 9! A well-made sandwich can be the food of the gods and I think they'd be pretty happy with this one!

Emily Malloy April 19, 2011 at 12:22 PM  

That is far too pretty to be lazy!!!

Congrats on the top 9! Well deserved!

Victoria April 19, 2011 at 2:04 PM  

Congrats on your top 9 today!! Sandwich looks delish :)

Anna C April 19, 2011 at 4:01 PM  

Nothing beats a sandwich with simple good ingredients. Looks delicious!

Gourmet Getaway April 19, 2011 at 7:29 PM  

Great photos and congratulations on the foodbuzz top 9!!!

I look forward to a yummy fresh sandwich for lunch too!

penny aka jeroxie April 20, 2011 at 3:17 AM  

Healthy, delicious and wonderfully healthy. Congras on top 9 :)

Anonymous,  April 21, 2011 at 5:17 AM  

Beautiful and delicious! My stepson is coming for a visit from Hungary tomorrow - now I know what to ask him to bring! :-)

Magic of Spice April 21, 2011 at 10:44 AM  

What a gorgeous sandwich...perfect for a lazy lunch. Wonderful that you used up what was on hand, I love it when I don't have to leave the house to prepare a delightful meal :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. I love to hear from my readers so please leave your thoughts or questions below. Thank You!

(**PLEASE notice that comments with links are sent to the spam filter. This is not a place for you to advertise yourself.**)

Buy or Sell Food Photos!

View My PortfolioRoyalty Free Images

Support Me By Clicking on These Links:

living in Czech Republic Expat Women - Helping Women Living OverseasTopOfBlogsBuy Foodie artHonest Cooking The Food Magazine, Spicie Foodie , contributor

Followers

©2009-2011 All recipes, articles, blog post, content, and images (*Unless otherwise stated*) are the sole property of Spicie Foodie and Nancy Lopez-McHugh. They should not be used without prior written consent. You can contact me here

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP