My Dog is a Junkie!

>> Wednesday, February 9, 2011



*Please make sure you read the warning at the end of this post.*
Panchito has a problem. Well, I'll just come out and say it...he... he is ... a junkie. Yes, a furry four legged long eared scruffy junkie. Merriam-Webster dictionary defines a junkie as "a person who derives inordinate pleasure from or who is dependent on something" What is he so dependent on to achieve his inordinate pleasures you ask? It's miniature Reese's peanut butter cups. It all started innocently enough when his wonderful grandmother sent us a care package filled with all sorts of American goodies, and one of those goodies was miniature Reese's peanut butter cups. He begged mommy and daddy for a taste, just a little bitty taste please. He said come on you know it will take whole lot of milk chocolate to make me sick, pretty please. How can one resist that face?


Okay just one little taste. Uh Oh, Look at the crazed look in his eye.


That's when it all went horribly wrong. Every time we reach for one he nervously dances around us, licking his lips, drooling, just waiting for the next taste of the sweet chocolate and smooth peanut taste. Then he started to pull the bag off the counter. Just helping himself to the p.b. cups, constantly looking for his next fix, for his next trip to his happy place with purple flying rabbits to chase.


He won't even share a single crumb with us. Look at him, he won't let us near "his" p.b. cups, so mean!


Then after he gets his inordinate pleasure from the p.b. cups, he collapses. He won't move, he'll just lay amongst the pile of wrappers. Can you see that smug look on his face?


He'll even pull the bag close to him so he can double check it, just incase he missed any.


Time to drift off to his happy land (or p.b. cup induced trip) and it's best not to disturb him. We fear once our or rather his 6 bags of p.b. cups are gone, we will have a big problem on our hands. They say that withdrawal can be fatal. My husband and I are scared that we will pay for it, or that he may do something horribly wrong or inappropriate to get his next fix. Our dog has a problem! Does anyone have a number to someone that may be able to help him?


So now you know why I can't share a recipe for peanut butter cup cookies, my dog ate the key ingredient. Thank you Mom for the huge box of goodies. We love you, specially the junkie!

(Be warned, p.b. cups may cause your dog to have room clearing, dead of winter window opening syndrome (aka dog farts). Owners will have burning nostril syndrome.)

**Obviously this is all a joke, we don't allow our dog to eat large amounts chocolate. Chocolate is toxic to dogs and can have a range of side affects from vomiting to death. You can find more information on why dog's can't eat chocolate here on Pet Place. For specific amounts and types of chocolate harmful to your dog, based on your dogs size, check here on National Geographic**

24 comments:

Sandra February 9, 2011 at 11:36 AM  

This is so funny! I love your dog and your photos of him! LOL!

Chef Dennis Littley February 9, 2011 at 11:37 AM  

Hi Nancy
you are just too funny!!! Our Berner has those kind of gas and its just from normal foodS!
my other berner is addicted to toilet paper and is why we haven't had a roll on the spindle since she was little...lol
have a great day!
Dennis

Evan @swEEts February 9, 2011 at 11:41 AM  

Haha I got a nice little giggle out of this post :) Love the pictures.. it makes me want a puppy even more than I already do! And now I'm craving peanut butter cups

Nandita SS February 9, 2011 at 11:45 AM  

That was one cute post. Had a good time reading it :)

whatsfordinneracrossstatelines February 9, 2011 at 11:56 AM  

Nancy,

This is hilarious! I love how he posed for the photos! I can't stop giggling. He was probably intoxicated from the smell of the wrappers, I know my dogs would have been. I can only imagine how bad the gas would have been. lol

Happy Wednesday,

-Gina-

Liz Marr, MS, RD February 9, 2011 at 11:58 AM  

So cute! Anyone with a dog can relate to this post. I have to wipe up our Golden Retriever's drool off the floor when we eat popcorn or any other snack.

Unknown February 9, 2011 at 12:15 PM  

aww... this is just too cute.

egbkid February 9, 2011 at 12:47 PM  

This is so funny!! The poor puppy, he is so adorable!!

Unknown February 9, 2011 at 1:47 PM  

:)))))))) your dog is soooo cute. Nice post. I laughed reading it.
I think that those empty papers are from you, not from your dog :))))))

Tasty Trix February 9, 2011 at 3:03 PM  

Okay I admit I was worried as I read this that you let your dog eat chocolate! Very relieved to get to the end ... and then I was able to go back and look at the ADORABLE photos without worry. Aww, your dog is such a sweetie pie.

Susan February 9, 2011 at 4:05 PM  

What a fun and funny post! I was glad you finished with the warning about how sick chocolate can make a dog ... our little cocker spaniel got into the Easter baskets of my kids when they were too young to know that they had to keep chocolate away from dogs ... the family room carpet was never the same thereafter. Poor Lily survived to bark the tale, but the rug, alas carried her traces forever.

Sommer February 9, 2011 at 5:11 PM  

Hahahaha! That was awesome! Blame the dog for eating all the reese's cups...er i would too. THey are addicting, that's why I can't buy them. I'll eat my body weight in 'em! Again, very cute post!

Tanantha @ I Just Love My Apron February 9, 2011 at 5:27 PM  

HAHAHAH he's so cute! he can eat many p.b cups?? Bella would have to hurry to emergency if she had that many! :)

Magic of Spice February 9, 2011 at 5:34 PM  

Oh no, poor Panchito...So hilarious! What a ham he is posing for the camera :)

Claudia February 9, 2011 at 6:32 PM  

I did worry for a minute - I know that dogs can get sick from chocolate! But I did enjoy those photos! We have both a beggar cat and a beggar dog. I am used to dog begging but this is the first time I've had a cat go for people food.

Kim - Liv Life February 9, 2011 at 6:33 PM  

Love this post!! I especially love all the photos that go along with it, you little pup is quite the poser! I'm with him though... I don't really share my pb cups either! Nicely done!

Belinda @zomppa February 9, 2011 at 6:34 PM  

He's got a career in the movies!!

Anonymous,  February 9, 2011 at 8:07 PM  

Ai ai ai Panchito! Que vamos hacer contigo?! ;)

Tiffany February 9, 2011 at 8:22 PM  

This was super funny! Hahaha!

penny aka jeroxie February 9, 2011 at 11:25 PM  

HIlarious... My dog loves butter and ate the whole slab one day. Not very good for him... he got quite sick.

Frank February 10, 2011 at 8:00 AM  

What an adorable pup! And very photogenic, too... :)

Do be careful, though, chocolates can be toxic for dogs...

CarinE February 11, 2011 at 3:42 AM  

I was shocked at first I saw your dog eating chocolate! haha!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. I love to hear from my readers so please leave your thoughts or questions below. Thank You!

(**PLEASE notice that comments with links are sent to the spam filter. This is not a place for you to advertise yourself.**)

Buy or Sell Food Photos!

View My PortfolioRoyalty Free Images

Support Me By Clicking on These Links:

living in Czech Republic Expat Women - Helping Women Living OverseasTopOfBlogsBuy Foodie artHonest Cooking The Food Magazine, Spicie Foodie , contributor

Followers

©2009-2011 All recipes, articles, blog post, content, and images (*Unless otherwise stated*) are the sole property of Spicie Foodie and Nancy Lopez-McHugh. They should not be used without prior written consent. You can contact me here

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP