Steak and Roasted Pepper Sandwich

>> Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sirloin; Steak; Mushroom; Pepper; Sandwich; roasted peppers; recipes; how to; cook; cooking; fast food; manly food; food for man; cheese; plate; white; food; yellow; red; green; meat; beef


So I finally have the recipe what you will be using the roasted peppers from the previous recipe. I have been playing catchup since the hard drive incident and I hate to admit it but I fed my husband frozen pizza because I was so swamped with trying to finish the last of my to do list. But I finally made the sandwiches and prepared the recipe and photos. The recipe is our special steak sandwich served with roasted peppers and sauteed mushrooms. It it's a great meal that if you plan ahead for will take virtually no time to prepare and one that is still healthy and delicious. I like to call this a perfect hungry man sandwich, but honestly it's a meal I too enjoy very much.

Ingredients:
3 large bell peppers. roasted
1 lb. or 500 grams of sirloin steak
1 can of mushrooms ( actual mushrooms used 8 oz./230 grams)
1 medium onion
2 Tb. olive oil
salt
black pepper
2 tsp. granulated garlic
1 tsp. Paprika
cheese slices of your choice
Sandwich rolls

1. Roast and peel the pepper, this can take anywhere to 40 minutes, (please see previous post). Tenderize the steak and slice into thin bite size pieces, set aside. Drain the mushrooms and thinly slice the onions. Heat 1 Tbs. of olive oil and once it's hot saute the mushrooms until they begin to brown a bit. Then add the onions to the pan and saute until the onions are soft and transparent. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste as well as 1tsp. of the garlic , stir and saute for another 5 minutes. Remove the mushrooms and onions from the pan and set aside.

2. Add the remaining 1 Tbs. of the olive oil to the same pan and saute the steak sprinkle salt, pepper and remaining 1 tsp. of garlic over the steak and cook until it is cooked through. Lastly add the mushrooms and onions to the pan then sprinkle the paprika over the ingredients and stir well. Turn the heat down to low cover the pan and allow the mixture to cook for another 10 minutes.

Sirloin; Steak; Mushroom; Pepper; Sandwich; roasted peppers; recipes; how to; cook; cooking; fast food; manly food; food for man; cheese; plate; white; food; yellow; red; green; meat; beef


(The following is a suggested way of assembling the sandwich, you can choose to arrange as you like.) Slice the sandwich rolls and spread some steak and mushroom/onion mixture onto the roll. Then add some roasted pepper slices and cheese. You may choose to melt the cheese a little more by wrapping the sandwich in paper towels and microwaving for a few seconds or placing the sandwich under the broiler for a crispy bread and melted cheese.

Serve with potato salad, french fries, roasted potatoes, baked potato, chips or any other side dish you like.

Sirloin; Steak; Mushroom; Pepper; Sandwich; roasted peppers; recipes; how to; cook; cooking; fast food; manly food; food for man; cheese; plate; white; food; yellow; red; green; meat; beef

22 comments:

Anonymous,  August 31, 2010 at 10:23 AM  

This sandwich looks to die for!

Momo August 31, 2010 at 10:33 AM  

to die for,indeed!drollling!:)

Unknown August 31, 2010 at 10:39 AM  

Gorgeous sandwich, you're back! I think these photos are incredible, you've made a delicious looking sandwich, great use of the roasted peppers:-)

City Share August 31, 2010 at 11:54 AM  

Yum. The sandwich looks great. It's like a gourmet version of a Philly cheesesteak. Thanks.

Belinda @zomppa August 31, 2010 at 12:28 PM  

This sandwich is huge and looks sooooo good!

Claudia August 31, 2010 at 1:42 PM  

I think that sandwich coulod happily feed a small city and how lucky they would be. I love pairing roasted red peppers with beef - they're the best duet. Delicious!

Magic of Spice August 31, 2010 at 3:41 PM  

That is one fantastic sandwich, such flavorful ingredients. I like this type of sandwich as I can serve everyone with the steak, and for me just the rest. Beautiful...P.S. tell you husband thank you for the comment about the tortilla post :)

Tanantha @ I Just Love My Apron August 31, 2010 at 4:26 PM  

This looks yummy Nancy! roasted bell pepper adds great flavor to it. It goes well with steak! Your photos make me crave for more sandwich but after the dentist appt I will have to just enjoy the foodpron on your blog.

Xiaolu @ 6 Bittersweets August 31, 2010 at 4:54 PM  

Looks so juicy and flavorful. Great use for roasted peppers.

Stella August 31, 2010 at 7:21 PM  

Hey Nancy, this looks so good! I shouldn't stare too long with my trying hard to be vegetarian eyes (smile), but this is lovely. Your awesome photos make it look all the better too...

Biren August 31, 2010 at 8:25 PM  

This is one yummy sandwich! Great pictures too!

Conor @ Hold the Beef September 2, 2010 at 5:19 AM  

Great photos of a truly droolworthy sandwich (even for a non beefy girl!). Hope your hard drive woes are almost behind you :)

Liv Wan September 2, 2010 at 8:04 AM  

Hello Nancy,
Oh my god...This sandwich looks so yummy. I started drooling the moment I saw the photos. (shy~) Many thanks for sharing this recipe. By the way, You're not alone. I fed my husband ready meal sometime because I was too busy with work. :)

Lady Fromage September 2, 2010 at 11:41 AM  

Glad your computer problem has been smoothed over! The sandwich looks amazing! Even to a vegetarian like myself! I'm sure hubby (NOT a vegetarian!) will love it!

-Lady Fromage
http://ladyfromage.blogspot.com/

Catherine September 2, 2010 at 11:57 AM  

Oh my goodness, how delish this looks! I want to reach into my screen and grab it!
Cheers~

Debbie September 2, 2010 at 2:07 PM  

This looks great for my hubbie, but I dont eat steak...you think I could trade out for shredded chicken?

Juliana September 2, 2010 at 6:07 PM  

Wow, this beef sandwich looks awesome...full of flavor...SO SO yummie! Great photos!

Heather S-G September 2, 2010 at 9:16 PM  

So basically it's a hungry man or WOman sammich!! I know I could devour it...looks absolutely amazing =)

Indonesia Eats September 3, 2010 at 9:20 AM  

I eat this kind of sandwich for more. I love to assembly my roasted pepper with guacamole, hummus,and spinach for sandwich too.

Chef Dennis Littley September 4, 2010 at 10:47 AM  

you certainly got good use out of those incredible roasted peppers! What a steak sandwich that is!!! I love the mushrooms on it too, it just pushes it over the top!

Nancy September 5, 2010 at 8:27 PM  

Thank you all for the nice comments on my sandwich-zilla :)

To all the vegetarians, I think using tofu or even seitan would be a good replacement for the steak. Actually even just a pepper & mushroom sandwich would be great!

@ Debbie, sure why not go ahead and try the chicken. Let me know how you liked it.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. I love to hear from my readers so please leave your thoughts or questions below. Thank You!

(**PLEASE notice that comments with links are sent to the spam filter. This is not a place for you to advertise yourself.**)

Buy or Sell Food Photos!

View My PortfolioRoyalty Free Images

Support Me By Clicking on These Links:

living in Czech Republic Expat Women - Helping Women Living OverseasTopOfBlogsBuy Foodie artHonest Cooking The Food Magazine, Spicie Foodie , contributor

Followers

©2009-2011 All recipes, articles, blog post, content, and images (*Unless otherwise stated*) are the sole property of Spicie Foodie and Nancy Lopez-McHugh. They should not be used without prior written consent. You can contact me here

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP