Grilled Cheese -n- Tomato sandwich with herbs

>> Sunday, August 16, 2009

grilled cheese and tomatoGrilled cheese one of the easiest, fastest, and tastiest sandwiches. One of the most common ways to serve and eat grilled cheese is with a tomato soup. In this recipe we are skipping the soup but not the tomatoes to make a lighter summer time lunch. Also it's a good way to use the home made white bread from the previous post.
You'll need:
Bread
Butter
Gouda Cheese sliced, your choice
tomato slices
black pepper
oregano leaves
dried basil leaves

Skillet or frying pan

1. Prepare the bread slices by buttering both sides, then put them on a hot skillet,after 2 minutes flip the bread. Add 1 slice of cheese on each piece of bread, sprinkle a pinch of black pepper -oregano and basil. Add a couple of tomato slices to each piece of bread. Put 2 breads together and serve.

grilled cheese with herbs
To make it a complete healthy lunch add some fresh sliced fruit and it's ready. So simple yet so good!
easy meals

4 comments:

Nancy August 22, 2009 at 6:46 PM  

Hi teenchefgirl ,
Glad you like my blog, and thank you for your vote and recommendation.

Nancy August 22, 2009 at 7:02 PM  

Hola Ben,
Thank you and I'm glad you like my blog and pictures. I've come across your site before and it's one of my favorites. I saw today your mango post and thank you, it brought back nice childhood memories from Mexico for me too.:)
Saludos desde Europa!

Bigarade October 26, 2009 at 1:15 PM  

Im just popping by! :D amazing blog youve got here.
and this looks like my kinda recipe! we call it pizza toast! Delish!

Great pictures and ah! great recipes! keep up the good work :D x

Nancy October 27, 2009 at 12:12 PM  

Hi bigarade,
I see you made it over. Thank you and I hope you come back often:)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. I love to hear from my readers so please leave your thoughts or questions below. Thank You!

(**PLEASE notice that comments with links are sent to the spam filter. This is not a place for you to advertise yourself.**)

Buy or Sell Food Photos!

View My PortfolioRoyalty Free Images

Support Me By Clicking on These Links:

living in Czech Republic Expat Women - Helping Women Living OverseasTopOfBlogsBuy Foodie artHonest Cooking The Food Magazine, Spicie Foodie , contributor

Followers

©2009-2011 All recipes, articles, blog post, content, and images (*Unless otherwise stated*) are the sole property of Spicie Foodie and Nancy Lopez-McHugh. They should not be used without prior written consent. You can contact me here

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP