Malaysian Hoi Sin Sauce with a twist

>> Thursday, July 9, 2009

pork with hoisin sauce
Malaysian Hoi Sin Sauce is a dark sweet sauce that is used for barbecued meats. In general I can say that I don't like eating or buying prepackaged meals, it's usually a mistake that I end up hating. But there are few exceptions like this one because the sauce mixture is good quality and taste. I will let the company describe it in their own words.

"Brahim's Malaysian Hoi Sin Sauce - A rich, dark sauce flavoured with sesame oil, chillies and garlic, ideal to stir through or to use as a marinade."
The package has clear instructions on how to use it but I like to prepare it a bit differently. I use about 1 lb. or 400 grams of pork sliced into thin strips, a little more than 1/2 lb. (300 grams) of cooked or steamed broccoli , some slices of hot red chili, a little garlic powder,the bag of Hoi sin sauce, and steamed white rice to serve with.

red chili pepperFirst I prepare my ingredients , and in a pan with a little oil I fry the pork , then add the garlic powder and chili pepper. Once the pork is cooked the sauce can be added. My husband loves the sauce just like this, but for me it's a bit sweet so I sometimes add a little water or use less of the sauce. This balances the sweetness a bit, and you also get the spiciness from the chili. Definitely worth trying.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. I love to hear from my readers so please leave your thoughts or questions below. Thank You!

(**PLEASE notice that comments with links are sent to the spam filter. This is not a place for you to advertise yourself.**)

Buy or Sell Food Photos!

View My PortfolioRoyalty Free Images

Support Me By Clicking on These Links:

living in Czech Republic Expat Women - Helping Women Living OverseasTopOfBlogsBuy Foodie artHonest Cooking The Food Magazine, Spicie Foodie , contributor

Followers

©2009-2011 All recipes, articles, blog post, content, and images (*Unless otherwise stated*) are the sole property of Spicie Foodie and Nancy Lopez-McHugh. They should not be used without prior written consent. You can contact me here

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP