November's YBR Signup Announcement

>> Friday, November 19, 2010

Internet is working at home now, wohoo! **Hi guys, my internet provider is doing maintanance and we do not have internet acess at home. So right now I am at an internet cafe, and I will get back to all of you as soon as possible.**


Hi everyone, before I get to the announcement details I would like to take a moment to thank you. On Sunday when I announced to you guys my little secret project, I was so overwhelmed with the outpouring of sweet and kind comments, so much support, excitement, congratulations and friendship. I cannot thank you enough for all of your lovely comments and emails. Every time I think about all of this I get teary-eyed, I am truly touched. From the bottom of my heart many Thank Yous and big hugs to each and everyone of you. For those of you that have already ordered your cookbook, Thank you, and I hope you get them soon. I'd love to see photos of you guys holding my cookbook. It would be a great idea to do a showcase here on Spicie Foodie of all my wonderful foodie friends with the cookbook, so send those to me if you'd like to participate and I will also add a link on the images to your blogs.

The other thing I want to tell you guys is that in celebration of the release of An Epiphany of the Senses, I will be hosting a $75 CSN giveaway. I will have more details on that as well as a brand new recipe for you in the next couple of days.

On to the November YBR announcement:
Show me Your Best Recipes
Your Best Recipe, a monthly roundup of your best recipes hosted by Spicie Foodie. There are no limitations as to what you can submit, anything goes. No limits on your kitchen nor photography skill, everyone is invited to join. This is not a competition, it is just a showcase of great food being cooked all over the world. And here is how you can participate :

Requirements to participate:
1. It has to be a recipe that you published in November, and it has to be a recipe that you feel was your favorite one posted that month. It can be anything your heart desires. Your submitted recipe can be your own creation or one that you adapted from another foodie, just give them credit on your post.

2. Sign up to November's roundup by using the Linky form provided below this post. (It is the "Click Here to Enter" button. AND please link to your blog NOT the recipe you are submitting for the YBR. Your thumb doesn't have to be the recipe you are submitting, it can be your profile or blog photo.) This is so we can get an idea of who will be joining each roundup. You can also leave a comment telling us you will be joining the YBR event.

3. You must choose and display any of the following badges to invite your visitors to the roundup being hosted here. ( I will double check to make sure everyone has added a badge to their blog.)
Right click images to save or get code to embed on your site here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/spiciefoodie/YourBestRecipes#

Your Best Recipes
The badge below, you can add a small thumb of your dish. If you need help or would like the PSD file just shoot me an email, or read the tutorial here YBR Badge Tutorial (how to insert your photo). If you still can't add your photo to the badge below, you can ask me to create a badge in the same email you send in your submission. Some participants like to use this badge below on a new blog post inviting their readers to see the roundup. You can wait until I have posted the roundup to get the link for it.
Your Best Recipes
This small button can be added to a post and/or your blog's side bar, if you wish.
Your Best Recipes Button


4. By the 29th of November please email me atspiciefoodie (@) gmail.com the following:
1. Your Name, Blog Name, Name and link to your chosen recipe published in November.
2. A small image size of your dish (either 300px wide for a landscape orientation image or 300px high for a portrait orientation image). See sample below. If you do not know how to size the image, just send what you have to me and I'll size it down. You must own the photo, and it cannot be a creative commons or public domain photo.
Your Best Recipes
On November 30, the last day of the month, I will post the roundup photos with a link to each of your sites and recipes. It would also be good if you invite your readers to the roundup by also posting a new blog entry or mentioning your participation in a new post (the last day of the month or after) on your blogs with a YBR badge and a link to the roundup here on Spicie Foodie. This way we can all help spread the YBR submitted love around even more!

If you need any help or clarifications post a comment on the announcement post or send me an email. I am really excited to see all of your submissions again this month. I know once again it will be a feast for our eyes! Help me spread the word and tell all of your foodie friends, thanks.







17 comments:

Stella November 19, 2010 at 10:37 AM  

Yikes, I got to post more food, b/c I've been totally out of the loop this month due to my technology issues. I'll get to it though...
Ooh, I love CSN contests, Nancy! Can't wait to play;-)

Carolyn November 19, 2010 at 11:04 AM  

I'm in, I love this idea! I think I still have my badge on my blog sidebar, but let me check...

Nancy November 19, 2010 at 12:50 PM  

@Stella, good I'm really looking forward to having you join us again :) I know CSN giveaways are great!

@Caroly, Glad to see you have signed up again. Yes you do have your badge on you lovely blog. Thank you Carolyn:)

Anca@Bistro Gerard November 19, 2010 at 2:49 PM  

Thank you for giving me yet another reason to post more this month, Nancy - can't wait to enter YBR :-) Congratulations on the release of your cookbook, it looks awesome, and I'm looking forward to getting a copy

Nancy November 19, 2010 at 4:11 PM  

@Anca, Glad to hear you will be joining us, can't wait to see your recipe. Thank you for the congrats:)

@Lindsay, Thank you:)

chow and chatter November 19, 2010 at 8:46 PM  

will be fun to see your entries

julie November 19, 2010 at 9:20 PM  

Congrats again on your book! This looks like a fun monthly linkup! Have a great weekend!

Biren @ Roti n Rice November 19, 2010 at 9:39 PM  

Life is busy as usual but hope to join this month. Congrats again on your book :)

Evelyne CulturEatz November 19, 2010 at 10:21 PM  

Looking forward to my first participation to the YBR! Do we get a reminder email before the 29th lol

Kimberly Peterson November 20, 2010 at 4:14 AM  

OK I'm in!! I just hope I get all the instructions right... lol.

Rita November 20, 2010 at 7:01 AM  

Happy you are doing this again; I will be back next week with my recipe.

ann low November 20, 2010 at 7:30 AM  

Sounds fun! I want to send mine too :)

Natalie November 20, 2010 at 11:38 AM  

I love your blog, your photos are stunning & congrats on your book! I have posted my thumbnail for YBR but am clueless about where & how to put the badge- sorry!! Help... Ps. I am putting you on my blogroll.

Monet November 20, 2010 at 6:51 PM  

As everyone has said...I adore your blog, and your sweet spirit is evident here and around the blogging world. Warmest wishes and congrats on your book! Thank you for sharing with us. I hope you are having a relaxing day!

Magic of Spice November 21, 2010 at 2:31 AM  

You know I will be there...boy this month has flown by ;) I should have it by Friday :)
Hugs

Nancy November 21, 2010 at 7:51 PM  

Thank you guys, and it will be great having all of you joining us this month.

@Natalie, Thanks :) I'll send you an email to help out.

@Monet, Thank you sweetie :)

@Alisha, But of course! I can't wait.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. I love to hear from my readers so please leave your thoughts or questions below. Thank You!

(**PLEASE notice that comments with links are sent to the spam filter. This is not a place for you to advertise yourself.**)

Buy or Sell Food Photos!

View My PortfolioRoyalty Free Images

Support Me By Clicking on These Links:

living in Czech Republic Expat Women - Helping Women Living OverseasTopOfBlogsBuy Foodie artHonest Cooking The Food Magazine, Spicie Foodie , contributor

Followers

©2009-2011 All recipes, articles, blog post, content, and images (*Unless otherwise stated*) are the sole property of Spicie Foodie and Nancy Lopez-McHugh. They should not be used without prior written consent. You can contact me here

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP