Your Best Recipes, Join the Fun!

>> Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hi everyone. As you may have noticed lately I haven't been sharing as many recipes or visiting many of your delicious blogs. I have been working on a big project that has many parts or small individual parts. One small part of the big project I can share with you today. For months now I have had the idea of hosting another site or a monthly roundup of the best recipes. So I've come up with this Your Best Recipes, a monthly roundup of your best recipes.
Show me Your Best Recipes
There are no limitations as to what you can submit, anything goes. The only requirements are that 1. It has to be a recipe that you published the month of the roundup, and it has to be a recipe that you feel was your favorite one posted that month. It can be anything your heart desires, there are no limits on the cooking or photography skills. This is your moment to proudly show off your dish! 2. Sign up to the roundup using the Linky form below to add your name. This is so we can get an idea of who will be joining the roundup.

3. Use either of the following badges to invite your visitors to the roundup being hosted here.
( Right click images to save or get the code here : http://picasaweb.google.com/spiciefoodie/YourBestRecipes# )
Your Best Recipes

The badge below you can add a small thumb of your dish. If you need help just shoot me an email.
Your Best Recipes
That's it, pretty easy! So why did I decide to host this round up? It is because there are so many talented foodies out there that can be overlooked in the mass. That is such a pity, and I would love to help you let other's see the dish you were most proud off that month.

So for this 1st edition of YBR grab your badge ahead of time. By October 30th please email me at spiciefoodie (@) gmail.com the following:
1. Your Name, Blog Name, link to your best October recipe. 2. A small image size of your dish (either 300px wide for a landscape orientation image or 300px heigh for a portrait orientation image). See sample below.
Your Best Recipes
On October 31st I will post the roundup photos with a link to each of your sites. On October 31st you should post a new blog entry on your blogs with a YBR badge and a link to the roundup here on Spicie Foodie. Being that this is a new thing for me too, I know that as we go we can iron out all the little confusions or problems along the way. If you need any help or clarifications post a comment below. I am really excited to see all of your submissions, it will be a feast for our eyes! Help me spread the word and tell all of your foodie friends, thanks.

Don't forget to sign up with by clicking on the "Click Here to Enter" button below.

31 comments:

Magic of Spice October 20, 2010 at 7:44 PM  

Wow Nancy, this is such an elegant set up...Of course I will be joining in :) Will have to go through and pick something to enter...

Nancy October 20, 2010 at 8:12 PM  

Hi Alisha, great! I love your recipes and I know you will have a hard time just choosing 1 from all of your great recipes. I'm really excited to see which one you choose.

Lisa October 20, 2010 at 9:06 PM  

This is a wonderful idea. I'm so glad I found out about it. I'll definitely be joining in and looking forward to seeing everyone's best. I'm following you now.

January October 20, 2010 at 9:24 PM  

that is such a brilliant idea, nancy! definitely joining! :)

Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine October 20, 2010 at 9:47 PM  

great idea....wish I could committ so busy working I cant keep up....awesome idea though!

Nancy October 20, 2010 at 9:52 PM  

@Lisa, Great to hear and looking forward to your dish.

@January,Great glad to hear.

@Pegasuslegend, You don't have to cook anything extra or special for the event. Just choose something that you have already published.

mr. pineapple man October 20, 2010 at 10:40 PM  

hello~ enjoyed reading ur blog very much! will drop by again soon!

Monet October 21, 2010 at 12:19 AM  

What a great idea...I'm already thinking ahead. Thank you for sharing. And thank you for your warm words today on my blog. They mean a lot to me (and to my family)

Treat and Trick October 21, 2010 at 1:10 AM  

Happy hosting dear, great event, can't wait to see the roundup..

Miriam October 21, 2010 at 3:44 AM  

I will participate, if only because the badge is so beautiful!! ;)

Conor @ Hold the Beef October 21, 2010 at 10:39 AM  

Excellent idea, and great work on the badges. Looking forward to hearing more about this project!

Nancy October 21, 2010 at 11:06 AM  

@Mr. Pineapple Man,Thank you and please do you are welcome anytime.
@Torviewtoronto, Hope to see your submission.
@Monet,Great and I will keep your family in my thoughts.
@Treat&Trick, I also hope that you will join us too. Love your recipes.
@Miriam, Fantastico aqui te espero.
@Emily, Join us :)
@Conor, Thank you. And believe me I am looking forward to completion and sharing the big project. It's been so much work.

Debbie October 21, 2010 at 12:24 PM  

What a great idea, I can't wait and will have to remember to send my info to you! I love the badges too, nice work!

Claudia October 21, 2010 at 1:38 PM  

A very fun idea. I always "mean to" and am just terrible about doing these things. I have noted it - and will try - but I will definitely visit to see the wonders that will be posted.

Simply Life October 21, 2010 at 5:05 PM  

oh what a fun idea- I can't want to see what people submit!

Nancy October 21, 2010 at 5:20 PM  

@Debbie, I will look for your submission.
@Claudia, I'll be sending out a reminder as it get closer just incase.
@Simply Life, Me too!

whatsfordinneracrossstatelines October 21, 2010 at 10:37 PM  

Nancy, this is a great idea. I want to do it, I'm going to send you an email, because I'm not exactly sure how it works. Thanks.
-Gina-

Anonymous,  October 22, 2010 at 4:45 PM  

Hi Nancy! I am absolutely LOVING your site. I wish I was worthy enough to join the contest. Alas my amateur status will keep on the sidelines, but I'm excited to see what folks come up with! ~Rocio

fromBAtoParis October 22, 2010 at 4:52 PM  

How lovely Nancy !!! I will participate, as soon as this FB contest gives me a minute free....The badges are incredibly pretty !!!

Evan @swEEts October 22, 2010 at 5:30 PM  

Awesome! I can't wait to participate :) Do you want us to just sign up with our blog on this post?

Nancy October 22, 2010 at 7:05 PM  

@ Gina, I just responded to your email. Please don't hesitate to ask if you need any further explanations.

@apiciusapprentice, Thank you:) You are perfect for this event. There is no special status needed. Everyone is welcome to join it doesn't matter if you are a pro or novice. So please do join us.

@Cristina, Thanks and I'm excited to have you on board.

@Evan, Great:) Yes please, can you sign yourself up? Then once you decide on your dish email me the your image, blog name & link to your chosen recipe.

FamilySpice October 22, 2010 at 9:09 PM  

Sounds like fun! I'm definitely in!

Kim October 22, 2010 at 9:57 PM  

Hey there! I'd like to join in too!!!! I have just the perfect recipe for the roundup and I'll email it to you this weekend! Thanks for doing this, I'm excited!
Kim, ORMG

tigerfish October 23, 2010 at 10:57 PM  

Sounds like a great event! I need to go review my October recipes now! :D

Nancy October 24, 2010 at 2:31 PM  

@FamilySpice, Fantastic, great to have you on board!

@Kim, So good to have you join us! and thanks I received your info.

@Tigerfish, Thanks and I'll keep an eye out for your email.

Shirley October 25, 2010 at 8:19 AM  

Just came across your event on FB. Am in.

Stella October 26, 2010 at 6:49 PM  

Ooh, I just tried to comment here and it told me that there are conflicting edits. Hmm...
Anyway, this is awesome, Nancy. I might need help getting my photo where it's supposed to be, but I'll play with it and see;)

Rita October 29, 2010 at 8:13 AM  

I just heard about you at the Witchy Kitchen; would love to join you. Sounds like fun.

Ana Powell October 29, 2010 at 6:17 PM  

Excellent roundup.
I am sure you`ll be receiving plenty of awesome dishes.
Have a great weekend ♥

Nancy October 30, 2010 at 9:27 AM  

@Shirley, Thanks for sending in your information.

@Stella, I can help you with that, just send me your photo.

@Rita, Thanks for joining us.

@Ana, Thanks and perhaps you'll join us too.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. I love to hear from my readers so please leave your thoughts or questions below. Thank You!

(**PLEASE notice that comments with links are sent to the spam filter. This is not a place for you to advertise yourself.**)

Buy or Sell Food Photos!

View My PortfolioRoyalty Free Images

Support Me By Clicking on These Links:

living in Czech Republic Expat Women - Helping Women Living OverseasTopOfBlogsBuy Foodie artHonest Cooking The Food Magazine, Spicie Foodie , contributor

Followers

©2009-2011 All recipes, articles, blog post, content, and images (*Unless otherwise stated*) are the sole property of Spicie Foodie and Nancy Lopez-McHugh. They should not be used without prior written consent. You can contact me here

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP