Tartelettes Aux-Fruit (No-Bake) Summer Tarts

>> Friday, June 25, 2010


Tartelettes Aux-Fruit or Fruit Tarts my no-bake take on easy fresh Summer fruit tarts. These were our dessert for our Mexico vs. France World cup match dinner last week. ( Sorry I am just now posting the recipe, I have been quite busy. ) These mini tarts are super easy and relatively fast to make and some of you will appreciate the fact that you wont have to turn your oven on. I will list the fresh fruits I used but feel free to use what ever fruits are in season where you live or use any of your favorite fruits.


You will notice that one of the ingredients is whipped cream, it was homemade whipped cream. Making your own and fresh whipped cream is really what I recommend. This way you can control the sugar amounts, since the recipe calls for sweet fruits you really shouldn't have to add to much sugar because you don't want an overly sweet dessert. Also homemade will limit the amount of preservatives and therefore taste better. You will notice on the photo little black dots, that's the Bourbon Vanilla I added. Let me tell you that was such a great addition, the taste was just perfect with the fruit.


Since I made these ahead of time and they wouldn't be eaten for a few hours I wanted to give my whipped cream a little help keeping firm. So I used this product by Dr. Oetker which basically is cornstarch and a little sugar to keep the cream light and fluffy longer. (I believe in North America it's called Whip It! )



Your ingredients :
(yields 6 mini tarts)
1/2 cup or 110 ml Whipping Cream ( 30% fat)
1/2 Tbs. Smeta Fix or Whip it
2 tsp. white sugar ( adjust to your liking)
Pinch of Bourbon Vanilla Powder
14 sweet Biscuits/Crackers about 120 grams or 4.23 Ounces
40 grams or 1.4 Ounces margarine
3 Tbs. Milk
2 Nectarines
Blueberries
4 Large Strawberries
Fresh Mint

Whisk or electric mixer
rolling pin
large plastic bag
6 mini tart molds
6 large cupcake liners

1. First make the whipped cream then set aside in the refrigerator. In a large bowl combine the cream, sugar and vanilla and stir to combine the ingredients. Whisk or using an electric mixer whip the cream until you have airy and thick whipped cream, set aside in refrigerator.

2. Place the Biscuits/Crackers in a large plastic bag and roll the rolling pin to over the Biscuits to break up, continue until you have a fine crumb. Empty the bag on to a bowl then melt the margarine. Pour the melted margarine and the milk over the crackers and stir with a spoon or using your hands work the crumbs to wet the whole mixture. Line the tart molds with the cupcake liners, push with your fingers into shape around the inside of the molds. Then using your finger push and shape the cookie crumbs around the tart molds to shape the base. Continue until all 6 molds are completed. Place in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.

3. Wash and slice the apricots and strawberries into small slice and just wash the blueberries. Using a tablespoon scoop some whipped cream into each mini tart and spread around. Begin placing the fruit on top of the whipped cream. You can arrange as you like. Then scoop another small dollop on top of the fruit, next put a mint leaf or two on top of the finishing whipped cream.


Serve right away or place the Tartelettes in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve. By the way I left a couple in the refrigerator and they stayed relatively fresh for 3 days.

23 comments:

Unknown June 25, 2010 at 7:58 PM  

Love these cute little tartlettes, great idea for a summer dessert using all the wonderful fresh fruit, I know my family would go crazy for these!

zerrin June 25, 2010 at 9:03 PM  

Amazing tartelettes with these fresh fruits. Perfect for summer! And the color combination is just fantastic!

kathy gori June 25, 2010 at 10:23 PM  

These look just perfect! What a great recipe. I'll have to give it a go.

bunkycooks June 25, 2010 at 10:31 PM  

Fresh fruit and homemade whipped cream...nothing is easier or as delicious with all the great fruits summer has to offer!

Alina June 26, 2010 at 5:43 AM  

A no-bake dessert? That's just for me :) Looks like a super-pretty picnic treat! I totally agree with you on the home-made whipped cream. It's made in no time and it's so much better!

penny aka jeroxie June 26, 2010 at 7:40 AM  

I like the no baking bit because it is not my forte.

Chef Dennis Littley June 26, 2010 at 7:56 AM  

those are beautiful little tartlets! really a great dessert for these hot summer days!

Madhuri Krishna Bhat June 26, 2010 at 11:29 AM  

Perfect Summer tarts. Awesome photographs.

Anonymous,  June 26, 2010 at 11:35 AM  

Fresh and tempting and I love the fact that don't have to turn my oven on (it's too hot!)! I completely agree about whipping your own cream, and I rarely even add sugar - just vanilla. No comparison with Cool Whip type products - they shouldn't even be called the same thing!

Rick June 26, 2010 at 12:40 PM  

Yes no oven! This looks great!

Linn @ Swedish Home Cooking June 27, 2010 at 4:01 AM  

I looove your pictures. Oven free baking – that is the way I like it.

FamilySpice June 27, 2010 at 7:59 AM  

Looks delicious! Love that you don't have to bake it and that you can make ahead and leave in the fridge 'til you serve.

singerinkitchen June 27, 2010 at 12:51 PM  

Great job! These look fantastic and delicious. Yum!

Roxan June 27, 2010 at 3:19 PM  

MMMM These look so good! Look how delicious and fresh that fruit looks.

Brian Samuels Photography June 27, 2010 at 4:06 PM  

Adorable! I love these! The no-bake part is really nice since it's wicked hot here in Boston.

Lawyer Loves Lunch June 27, 2010 at 5:40 PM  

What a perfect summer recipe! These are adorable and I love the little pop of mint on each one :)

Liv Wan June 29, 2010 at 7:11 AM  

Hi hi Nancy,
I love your mini tartelttes. I've been waiting for this post since you featured it on your blog in your previous post. But I fully understand life could be a bit busy sometime. I've thinking about leave you a comment for this tarteettes but stuck with job so that's why I left this comment now. :( have a nice day!!

Cupy Cakey June 30, 2010 at 10:29 AM  

You are amazing! I could just dive into those pictures. I love anything made with vanilla bean. But Bourbon Vanilla..oh my, that just sounds like heaven. Thanks for sharing!!
Wishing you a blessed day.

Magic of Spice July 1, 2010 at 2:31 AM  

These are divine! And "No Bake" is right up my alley, I might be able to make them:)

thella July 2, 2010 at 3:46 AM  

wow. saw this recipe over at foodbuzz and i'm dying to try it out myself. thanks for posting it and for the gorgeous photos as well!

Nancy July 3, 2010 at 9:01 AM  

Thank you all for your super sweet (no pun intended) comments. I am really glad to hear how much you enjoyed my recipe & not having to turn your oven on , hehe :) Hope you all have a great weekend & to my American visitors/readers Happy 4th Of July!

Conor @ Hold the Beef July 4, 2010 at 9:17 AM  

If I wasn't already feeling it enough sitting in my 20 layers of clothing with the heater and a rug, looking at this gorgeous fruit is really making me pine for summer!

I'm not much of a cream person, but stick enough vanilla in it and I turn into a cream fiend. Looks delicious.

Bigarade July 5, 2010 at 12:32 PM  

these look so summery and delicious!
i really love your pics!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. I love to hear from my readers so please leave your thoughts or questions below. Thank You!

(**PLEASE notice that comments with links are sent to the spam filter. This is not a place for you to advertise yourself.**)

Buy or Sell Food Photos!

View My PortfolioRoyalty Free Images

Support Me By Clicking on These Links:

living in Czech Republic Expat Women - Helping Women Living OverseasTopOfBlogsBuy Foodie artHonest Cooking The Food Magazine, Spicie Foodie , contributor

Followers

©2009-2011 All recipes, articles, blog post, content, and images (*Unless otherwise stated*) are the sole property of Spicie Foodie and Nancy Lopez-McHugh. They should not be used without prior written consent. You can contact me here

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP