Lemon Mint Ice Tea - refreshing summer drink

>> Wednesday, July 8, 2009

ice tea home made

On a hot summer day few things are as refreshing as a cold iced tea. My favorite "iced tea" to make includes fresh lemon, fresh mint leaves, honey and black tea ~ Honey Lemon Mint Tea. It's cold, thirst quenching, all natural, fresh and nutritious. We've all heard the long list of health benefits of drinking tea, and we of course need water to survive. Lemon are loaded with vitamin c which is vital for your immune system. Peppermint is an excellent source of manganese, vitamin C and vitamin A. Honey since ancient times has been used in medicine and in food. Both lemons and honey are used extensively in cosmetics for their anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, they don't just smell nice. Well the benefits of these 4 ingredients goes on and on.

Your ingredients:
4 black tea bags
2 liters of water (8 cups)
juice of 2 fresh lemon juice
1 lemon sliced
1 handful fresh mint leaves , extra for garnish
honey to taste
ice cubes

lemon honey mint tea
1. bring the water to a boil , then add the tea bags and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn heat off and let it rest for 20 minutes or until the water is lukewarm.
2. Prepare your pitcher add ice some ice cubes. Add the lemon juice and some honey to the tea, mix well and for about 5 minutes to get the honey to melt. Remove the tea bags, and pour tea into pitcher. You can either put the pitcher in the refrigerator or get ready to serve. Right before you serve add lemon slices and the mint, let it sit for a couple of minutes.
3. When you serve pour the tea over ice cubes if you want, with a slice of lemon and some mint leaves.

I make sure that my tea is cold enough so that I don't have to add extra ice cubes when I serve my glass, that's why you don't see ice in the photo. Also I am not giving you an actual measurement for honey, because I use very little if any sweetener in my drinks.
Enjoy~

2 comments:

l-carnitine September 10, 2009 at 5:35 AM  

Thank you so much for the recipe of Lemon mint Iced tea. I love this tea. It is the best when served chilled on a summer afternoon.

Nancy September 11, 2009 at 12:01 PM  

Hi I-carnitine,
No problem :) Glad you like it. I'm a tea addict and drink all types all the time. Have you ever made this warm in the winter time? Maybe I should experiment and try a warm version to share.....

~

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. I love to hear from my readers so please leave your thoughts or questions below. Thank You!

(**PLEASE notice that comments with links are sent to the spam filter. This is not a place for you to advertise yourself.**)

Buy or Sell Food Photos!

View My PortfolioRoyalty Free Images

Support Me By Clicking on These Links:

living in Czech Republic Expat Women - Helping Women Living OverseasTopOfBlogsBuy Foodie artHonest Cooking The Food Magazine, Spicie Foodie , contributor

Followers

©2009-2011 All recipes, articles, blog post, content, and images (*Unless otherwise stated*) are the sole property of Spicie Foodie and Nancy Lopez-McHugh. They should not be used without prior written consent. You can contact me here

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP