An Award, A Game and and Update

>> Wednesday, October 27, 2010

So much to cover today, first the update. So it was brought to my attention that the code to embed the badges for the YBR event were linking to the wrong page. It has been corrected and again you can find the html codes here, YBR codes. Just a clarification, the html codes are so that you can copy the html code for the badge of your choice into your blog. The codes will load the image on to your blog and when they are clicked on will direct the person to the YBR page here on Spicie Foodie. The page will have links to all of the monthly events with your images. If you need any help/clarification, or walk through on how to install the html code please don't hesitate to ask/email me and I'd be glad to help. I have been receiving such delicious photos, don't forget to send me yours by the 30th.

Lovely Blog Award
And on to the award. I received the "ONE LOVELY BLOG AWARD" from one of my favorite foodie and bloggers, Alisha from The Ardent Epicure. I'm sure most of you know Alisha, Adam, and Grely, the team from The Ardent Epicure. So you all know that their blog Rocks! They never seize to amaze me with their talent and mouthwatering recipes. Out of the three I've gotten to know Alisha the most, and she is one of the kindest person you will meet. She has never had anything but kind words, outpouring support, encouragement and friendship to give. She is a gem in our food blogger community. From the bottom of my heart thank you Sweetie.

There are so many I would like to pass on the award to, but this is just a very short list of some of my favorite bloggers:
Tanantha : I Just Love My Apron
Stella : The Witchy Kitchen
Jill : The Home Ground Gourmet
Penny : Jeroxie
Liv : Egg Wan's Eastern Food Odyssey
Brie: Le Grand Fromage
Patty: Patty's Food
Connor : Hold The Beef
Ruby: Tomayto Tomaahto
Miriam : The Winter Guest
Heather : Girlchef
Monet : Anecdotes and Apple Cores
Cristina: From BA to Paris
Gina: What's For Dinner Across State Lines
Sommer: A Mama With Flavor

Now the game, Tag I'm it! Raven from the delicious blog RavieNomNoms, tagged me and this is how the game is played: "You answer the 8 questions that were tagged to you. You then create 8 more questions and tag 8 people to answer them. Again, no one has to feel obligated to answer, but it is a good way to get to know your fellow bloggers" Thank you Raven! And everyone please stop by her blog, her recipes are delicious and Raven is such a sweetie.

1. What was your favorite part of this week?
 Oh this is a good one, I've had a couple things. Friday, because I got to see my very good friend Luba. She is a great person and I'm very lucky to have her in my life. Plus she got me away from the computer, which I needed badly. Tuesday, I received a package in the mail that made me very happy and can't wait to share with you guys. And also, well I don't want this to come off as me being egotistical, because I am not at all. But it totally made my day to see my Kuri Squash Corn Muffins mentioned by David Lebovitz http://t.co/PYgEIcJ, such an honor.

2. What do you like to do when you are sick?
Eat soup, drink tea, wrap a warm blanket or scarf around myself. I also like to add a little more whining about how I feel to get some extra attention, I'm evil I know. But I can't help it I have the "Marsha,Marsha!" syndrome of a middle child. For those of you that don't get it, the reference is from a show called The Brady Bunch. The middle child, Jan, was jealous of all of the attention the older child, Marsha, would receive. She felt like she didn't have attention. I have 5 siblings to take away mine :). I love that show!

3. What are you or your kids going to be for Halloween?
I only have one "kid" Panchito, the Scruffy Scrappy Terrier, and he would like to be a bucket of KFC. Original recipe, so Mommy and Daddy will fill it with lots of little original recipe bits. So he can do this↓

4. What is your favorite Holiday? and why? I think Christmas. (But not for the religious aspect, I'm a heathen even though I was raised Christian.) Why? Because for me it's more like a day for being grateful for all the wonderful things in my life. It's not about the material things or commercialization of the holiday. I wouldn't care if I didn't receive one gift. As long as I am with loved ones and they tell me they love me, that's all that matters to me and that is the greatest gift. (Cheesy I know) 


5. What cookbook do you use more than any other?
I think that would have to be my Asian cookbooks that my friend brings me from his Asian trips. Without those I wouldn't have learned so many new great dishes.

6. Are you a coffee or tea drinker?
I love both but sadly I really can't drink coffee anymore. The amount of caffeine in coffee makes me shaky and triggers my Hypoglycemia so I'm a 99% tea drinker. Don't get me wrong I love tea and it's become my comfort drink.

7. If you had to choose one style of food to eat for a month, what would it be? (ie: Italian, Mexican..) Hands-down that would be Mexican. But I mean real, authentic traditional Mexican food. Preferably prepared by my eldest sister and my Mami. Being so far from home I dream and salivate over the thought of all the delicious foods and treats from Mexican cuisine.


8. What got you to start blogging? (I am going to steal this one from Kate) A much needed distraction away from my job. I started blogging just for fun, then it turned into a "Menu" for us and now it's taken a life of it's own with many rewards and bonus in my life because of it.


My Questions:
1. Who taught you or how did you learn to cook?
2. Do you listen to music when you cook? If so what type or who is the artist?
3. What foodie gift are you asking Santa for this year? ( like a new mixer or perhaps a new camera?)
4. What is the most difficult dish you have cooked or baked?
5. Do you have a kitchen disaster that left you in tears then, but now makes you laugh? or perhaps still makes you cry?
6. What is your favorite book? Whether cookbook, biography, novel, ...
7. What is the biggest reward to you from your blog?
8. Do you have a goal or is there something you hope to accomplish with your blog?

Tag and you are it : ( Again there are so many I would like to include, but only allowed 8.)
1. Alisha The Ardent Epicure
2. Stella : The Witchy Kitchen
3. Monet : Anecdotes and Apple Cores
4. Cristina: From BA to Paris
5. Tanantha : I Just Love My Apron
6. Emily : Cleanliness is Next to Godliness
7. Karen : Tasty Trials
8. Patty: Patty's Food


23 comments:

whatsfordinneracrossstatelines October 27, 2010 at 11:45 AM  

Oh, thanks for much for passing that lovely award on to me. I came by to figure out the link thing, I think maybe I get it this time! Thanks for doing this, I can't wait!
-Gina-

Roxan October 27, 2010 at 1:59 PM  

Panchito is so so so cute! I have a little dog also. She's been a bee in the past, and last year she was a shark! Also during UCLA basketball and football games we have a Bruins jersey that we like to put on her :)

Belinda @zomppa October 27, 2010 at 2:26 PM  

Great to have learned more about you!

penny aka jeroxie October 27, 2010 at 6:58 PM  

Thanks so much!! You are a foodie rockstar yourself :D

Heather S-G October 27, 2010 at 7:14 PM  

How amazing, Nancy...I loved learning a little more about you...and David Lebovitz- rock on! Congratulations on your accolades and thank you so much for thinking of me and passing this award on to me...I'm honored. :)

Brie: Le Grand Fromage October 27, 2010 at 8:24 PM  

thank you for passing on the lovely blog award! you're so sweet. :) and your dog is too cute! enjoy the holiday!

Stella October 27, 2010 at 9:30 PM  

Hey Nancy! I'm it?! Yeah (smile)... Oh, and thanks so much for the award. I always feel so happy when I see my name on one of my favorite blog's list. I know I'm kind of a baby, but I like attention too;) Ooh, and it's the only good part of getting sick *wink*.
Ooh, and thanks for your sweet comment on my last post. It was hard to write, as I know everyone has their own views on the subject. I tried hard to be sensitive.
p.s. That is too cool that David Lebovitz liked your muffins and mentioned them!!!

Magic of Spice October 27, 2010 at 10:40 PM  

Oh my goodness...1st I have to start with Panchito, great idea...he is a brilliant pup, he can now get favorite treats all lined up. How can you resist that?:)
And congratulations again for the link from David Lebovitz, our blog so wants to be you when we grow up :)
Oh, and I am a bit teary about your comments. You are more than deserving and even more appreciated. I am honored to know you, and always delighted by your passion and blog :)
And as far as being tagged...I think it's fun and loved your answers.
Big hugs!

Monet October 27, 2010 at 11:30 PM  

Thank you for mentioning me! Twice! I feel so very honored because your blog is one of my most favorite places to visit. I'm super busy right now with traveling and baby Ryan, so I'm not sure if I will have time to do the survey...but thank you for tagging me and please know that I so enjoyed learning more about you! Thanks for sharing sweetheart!

Unknown October 27, 2010 at 11:42 PM  

Thanks Nancy, I appreciate being mentioned! I will continue to play the tagging game as I do like several of your questions especially since I have a funny music while cooking story and I love thinking about a lovely gift I would like for my kitchen, oh well I guess I could go on... Congrats again on being linked up to David Lebovitz's site- a food blogging rock star if there ever was one:) I also love Mexican food, don't get me started!

Sommer October 28, 2010 at 6:55 AM  

How awesome to be mentioned by David Lebovitz!!!! You totally deserve it!! And these awards as well!!! (lots exclamation points but I am literally bouncing around hehe)

I, too miss Mexican food. I had loads of Mexican friends who'd make the real authentic stuff. So delicious it as well as caribbean are my favorite cuisines!

I also love tea. I am not much on coffee drinker. it doesn't taste all that nice and has 0 effect on me hehe.

Thanks for the award!! I am so honored that you'd think of lil ol me!!!

Biren @ Roti n Rice October 28, 2010 at 9:43 AM  

Congrats on your award! I like the Brady Bunch too and tea is the way to go.... :)

Anonymous,  October 28, 2010 at 1:21 PM  

Wow Nancy - I managed to log on from Kuwait (where we're vacationing at the moment) and found this award waiting - wahoo! Congrats to you and all the other recipients, and thanks so much for including me - made my day! As they say here, Shukran ikteer! :-)

Emily Malloy October 28, 2010 at 4:37 PM  

Hey thanks for the taggage! :o)

Conor @ Hold the Beef October 29, 2010 at 4:47 AM  

So well deserved, Nancy, and great to read your responses. Love that photo of Panchito. I'm sure we've all found ourselves in similar situations over the years ;)

Also, thank you so much for passing on your award to me! It's lovely to be included in such a great group of bloggers and I have to say I feel the same way about Spicie Foodie :)

Cristina, from Buenos Aires to Paris October 29, 2010 at 5:01 AM  

Thank you SO much Nancy for your award !!! I posted it very proudly in my blog yesterday...but only today I have the time to get to you...My life is a bit too complicated at present (family issues) but as soon as I get back to "normal" I will organize the questionnaire, and the zillion things I have behind...!! Even the recipe index of my blog is not updated !!!
Thanks again, you are one of the bloggers that makes blogging worthwhile!!
David Lebovitz??? OMG !!! You ARE famous !!! Cheers, you deserve it !!!!

Dimah October 29, 2010 at 7:48 AM  

Congrats on your award!

Cristina -TeenieCakes October 29, 2010 at 5:02 PM  

Absolutely lovely blog! My first time here...found you through Gina of "What's For Dinner Across State Lines"

Tanantha @ I Just Love My Apron October 29, 2010 at 6:01 PM  

New game?
Thanks for the award and the tag! I'm so new at this game. Seems like I've been missing a lot :)

Congrats on the mention on David's website! That's so cool. Well,I'm no surprised coz your recipe is awesome seriously!

She's Cookin' October 30, 2010 at 8:21 PM  

Wow, I've been reading and referring to David Lebovitz's blog while I was in France but totally missed your mention! Congrats! Plus, I'd like to participate in your new endeavor so let me get back to figuring out what I need to send you :)

Miriam November 6, 2010 at 3:38 PM  

Thanks a lot, Nancy, sorry that I didn't see the award before! I also enjoy your blog and your photography improves everyday, you know that. Please forgive me if I don't pass on any awards...

Nancy November 7, 2010 at 4:50 PM  

Miriam, thank you for the compliment. Don't worry there are no obligations, I just wanted to mention you as you are one of my favorite bloggers.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. I love to hear from my readers so please leave your thoughts or questions below. Thank You!

(**PLEASE notice that comments with links are sent to the spam filter. This is not a place for you to advertise yourself.**)

Buy or Sell Food Photos!

View My PortfolioRoyalty Free Images

Support Me By Clicking on These Links:

living in Czech Republic Expat Women - Helping Women Living OverseasTopOfBlogsBuy Foodie artHonest Cooking The Food Magazine, Spicie Foodie , contributor

Followers

©2009-2011 All recipes, articles, blog post, content, and images (*Unless otherwise stated*) are the sole property of Spicie Foodie and Nancy Lopez-McHugh. They should not be used without prior written consent. You can contact me here

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP