>> Wednesday, October 27, 2010
So much to cover today, first the update. So it was brought to my attention that the code to embed the badges for the YBR event were linking to the wrong page. It has been corrected and again you can find the html codes here, YBR codes. Just a clarification, the html codes are so that you can copy the html code for the badge of your choice into your blog. The codes will load the image on to your blog and when they are clicked on will direct the person to the YBR page here on Spicie Foodie. The page will have links to all of the monthly events with your images. If you need any help/clarification, or walk through on how to install the html code please don't hesitate to ask/email me and I'd be glad to help. I have been receiving such delicious photos, don't forget to send me yours by the 30th.
There are so many I would like to pass on the award to, but this is just a very short list of some of my favorite bloggers:
Tanantha : I Just Love My Apron
Stella : The Witchy Kitchen
Jill : The Home Ground Gourmet
Penny : Jeroxie
Liv : Egg Wan's Eastern Food Odyssey
Brie: Le Grand Fromage
Patty: Patty's Food
Connor : Hold The Beef
Ruby: Tomayto Tomaahto
Miriam : The Winter Guest
Heather : Girlchef
Monet : Anecdotes and Apple Cores
Cristina: From BA to Paris
Gina: What's For Dinner Across State Lines
Sommer: A Mama With Flavor
Now the game, Tag I'm it! Raven from the delicious blog RavieNomNoms, tagged me and this is how the game is played: "You answer the 8 questions that were tagged to you. You then create 8 more questions and tag 8 people to answer them. Again, no one has to feel obligated to answer, but it is a good way to get to know your fellow bloggers" Thank you Raven! And everyone please stop by her blog, her recipes are delicious and Raven is such a sweetie.
1. What was your favorite part of this week? Oh this is a good one, I've had a couple things. Friday, because I got to see my very good friend Luba. She is a great person and I'm very lucky to have her in my life. Plus she got me away from the computer, which I needed badly. Tuesday, I received a package in the mail that made me very happy and can't wait to share with you guys. And also, well I don't want this to come off as me being egotistical, because I am not at all. But it totally made my day to see my Kuri Squash Corn Muffins mentioned by David Lebovitz http://t.co/PYgEIcJ, such an honor.
2. What do you like to do when you are sick? Eat soup, drink tea, wrap a warm blanket or scarf around myself. I also like to add a little more whining about how I feel to get some extra attention, I'm evil I know. But I can't help it I have the "Marsha,Marsha!" syndrome of a middle child. For those of you that don't get it, the reference is from a show called The Brady Bunch. The middle child, Jan, was jealous of all of the attention the older child, Marsha, would receive. She felt like she didn't have attention. I have 5 siblings to take away mine :). I love that show!
3. What are you or your kids going to be for Halloween? I only have one "kid" Panchito, the Scruffy Scrappy Terrier, and he would like to be a bucket of KFC. Original recipe, so Mommy and Daddy will fill it with lots of little original recipe bits. So he can do this↓
4. What is your favorite Holiday? and why? I think Christmas. (But not for the religious aspect, I'm a heathen even though I was raised Christian.) Why? Because for me it's more like a day for being grateful for all the wonderful things in my life. It's not about the material things or commercialization of the holiday. I wouldn't care if I didn't receive one gift. As long as I am with loved ones and they tell me they love me, that's all that matters to me and that is the greatest gift. (Cheesy I know)
6. Are you a coffee or tea drinker? I love both but sadly I really can't drink coffee anymore. The amount of caffeine in coffee makes me shaky and triggers my Hypoglycemia so I'm a 99% tea drinker. Don't get me wrong I love tea and it's become my comfort drink.
7. If you had to choose one style of food to eat for a month, what would it be? (ie: Italian, Mexican..) Hands-down that would be Mexican. But I mean real, authentic traditional Mexican food. Preferably prepared by my eldest sister and my Mami. Being so far from home I dream and salivate over the thought of all the delicious foods and treats from Mexican cuisine.
1. Who taught you or how did you learn to cook?
2. Do you listen to music when you cook? If so what type or who is the artist?
3. What foodie gift are you asking Santa for this year? ( like a new mixer or perhaps a new camera?)
4. What is the most difficult dish you have cooked or baked?
5. Do you have a kitchen disaster that left you in tears then, but now makes you laugh? or perhaps still makes you cry?
6. What is your favorite book? Whether cookbook, biography, novel, ...
7. What is the biggest reward to you from your blog?
8. Do you have a goal or is there something you hope to accomplish with your blog?
Tag and you are it : ( Again there are so many I would like to include, but only allowed 8.)
1. Alisha The Ardent Epicure
2. Stella : The Witchy Kitchen
3. Monet : Anecdotes and Apple Cores
4. Cristina: From BA to Paris
5. Tanantha : I Just Love My Apron
6. Emily : Cleanliness is Next to Godliness
7. Karen : Tasty Trials
8. Patty: Patty's Food