>> Monday, January 25, 2010
A couple of days ago I received this "Honest Scrap" honesty award, and I am so excited and honored. A wonderful fellow foodie named, Scott who pens the Fight the Fat Foodie blog is whom awarded this to me. Scott's blog is one of my favorite blogs to read (even if I don't comment often), because it's a real honest and healthy approach to food. He blogs about his struggle with weight gain and how he is living a healthier life style and continuing to loose the weight. Though I don't have a weight issue I still believe in eating as healthy as possible without having to give up all of our favorite foods , Scott and I share this in common. He has so many wonderful recipes that will make your mouth water. My favorite at the moment is his peppered tuna steak with rosemary potatoes, yummy!!Oh yeah, for those of you who are members of Weight Watchers, you'll be thrilled to see that he gives you the WW points. Please stop by Fight the Fat Foodie blog and pay Scott a visit.
Accepting this award means that I have to pass on the award to 10 fellow food bloggers that are honest in their approach to blogging and food. I also have to tell you 10 honest things about myself.
10 honest things about myself....
1. I refused to listen to my Mother when she would try to teach me to cook, she should be proud of me now:)
2. My kitchen is the size of a closet and minimally equipped which makes me scream sometimes from the lack of work space.
3. Some nights I cook 2 different dinners , 1 for my husband and I and 1 special meal for my Dog. (He's spoiled since we don't have children yet.)
4. Sunday night we have roasted chicken because it's my dog's favorite dinner
5. I hate canned peas(fresh, raw or frozen are Ok -just not canned)
6. Fresh parsley makes me cringe and maybe a little bit nauseous
7. Fried food,Chinese restaurants and McDonalds give me horrible heartburn(antacids are a must if I want to eat any of these)
8. My American husband can eat spicier foods than I can, I'm very proud of him:)
9. I have one cabinet in my kitchen dedicated to spices, it's over flowing with them and I think I have an addiction:)
10. I get really angry when I'm hungry or starving and I have to wait to eat or be fed. At a restaurant if food takes too long, or on nights when my husband cooks when dinner is taking too long and I have to wait to eat past our normal 8 dinner time. My poor husband has to hear me complain, but I blame it on my hypoglycemia, really I can't help it:)) Hypoglycemic rage is not a pretty thing, lol .
And now for my 10 Honest Scrap Award.... in no particular order
2. Girl Gone Gourmet
3. In the Kitchen With Nick
4. Peas Love Carrots
5. Taste Hong Kong
6. Rambling Babushka
7. Russian Season
8. Jeroxie -Addictive & Comsuming
9. Simply Scrumptious
10. Cookin' Canuck